Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
    Congrats on the buck. Got any pics? I understand if you don't want to post them, I was just wondering if it might be one I've been getting pictures of. I hunt some private land near public on the Bosque side and a few bucks have disappeared recently.
    Thanks, grateful for my harvest! We aged him at 5-6 years old with an 18” spread. Wasn’t a public land buck though, took it with my gun when the opportunity presented itself as I had not taken anything yet on the Corp land. My goal was to tag out this year and that is not looking great at this point in time. Had opportunities I didn’t take early on being picky and now I am regretting that. Also had a couple missed opportunities due to other hunters making noise or coming near me at inopportune times.

This one was also special to me. I didn’t grow up in a hunting family, really just got started deer hunting for the first time last year, this was my first deer. I have had some good friends supporting me while I learn the ropes. When I sit back and think about all I have learned, it is really quite amazing. It is also amazing to think about all the other lessons to come. Can’t explain how ready I am to harvest my first public land deer with my bow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
        Thanks, grateful for my harvest! We aged him at 5-6 years old with an 18” spread. Wasn’t a public land buck though, took it with my gun when the opportunity presented itself as I had not taken anything yet on the Corp land. My goal was to tag out this year and that is not looking great at this point in time. Had opportunities I didn’t take early on being picky and now I am regretting that. Also had a couple missed opportunities due to other hunters making noise or coming near me at inopportune times.

This one was also special to me. I didn’t grow up in a hunting family, really just got started deer hunting for the first time last year, this was my first deer. I have had some good friends supporting me while I learn the ropes. When I sit back and think about all I have learned, it is really quite amazing. It is also amazing to think about all the other lessons to come. Can’t explain how ready I am to harvest my first public land deer with my bow.
        That's a great first buck. And nothing wrong with being picky. It's better than shooting something you regret later. It took me 3 years to get a buck out there so keep at it and it will pay off eventually. Good luck tomorrow

Comment

Great job on the bucks!

Comment

It’s a amazing day to be on stand today guys

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
              It’s a amazing day to be on stand today guys
              Well It would appear so based on some recent texts I've received... love time with my family, hate missing good hunting.

Comment

After tomorrow I'm off for 4 days and my wife says no hunting till after New Years day.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  After tomorrow I'm off for 4 days and my wife says no hunting till after New Years day.

She put the foot down eh??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    She put the foot down eh??

Yep , it also her birthday on new years eve that's why I have to wait.

Comment

Storm, I wouldn't put up with that, man up. Forgot- that is why I haven't been out this year.

Comment

I ain't married. And I got all next week off start-n today. But may not be able to get out either. Been hammer-n the OT at work for the last 6-7 weeks. Got a bit of family time planned. And a lot to catch up on around the house. Will have to see.

Comment

TG, I know the feeling. I’m working tomorrow. Don’t have to but can’t pass up a full day of OT. So I guess no hunt this weekend. Good luck to everyone out there this weekend!

Comment

Anybody out this fine morning?

Comment

Yep, chilly this morning in the treetops. Haven’t seen any deer yet, but did blow an opportunity on a giant gobbler.

Comment

Probably a stupid question, but I can't find info anywhere... Can you hunt hogs at night on COE Land?

Comment

Working...
                                X