New Blueridge SR arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blueridge SR arrow help

I just bought a Blueridge SR from Bob and am trying to figure out what arrows to use. I have been playing with the 3rivers spine calculator and the one on Ricks site and am not sure of my results. I'd like to not have to buy new arrows or broadheads (I use 150 grain single bevel). Totally willing to cut the Heritage 150s down but don't want to do that until I am pretty sure of the length. I looked at the GT screw in weights for my GT Trads but I don't want to have to stack so much weight my arrow flight looks like a rainbow. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here are the bow stats

60in Blueridge SR longbow
    48lbs @ 28in
    Center cut with Velcro as strikeplate
    8in BH
    12strand b95 string (I think this is what he said it is)

My Stats:
    27 3/4 in draw

Arrows I have
    GT Trad
    31.5in long
    150 grain points
    3x 5in shield cut with white reflective arrow wraps.
    12 grain inserts
    12 grain nock

Carbon Express heritage 150
    32 3/4in Long (full length)
    100 grain points
    3x 5 feathers (no wraps)
    12 grain insert
    12 grain nock

Here are some pics of the bow and what I have entered into the spine calculator.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I'm no help but congratulations on the good looking new bow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

You can make those 5575 work with about 300 grain up front or step down to a 3555 30” and 150 grain tip with 50 grain inserts. I shoot those 5575 with 250 grains up front drawn to 45@31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to have blue ridge SR at 48 lb , I shot 500 spine GT trads out of it flew just fine. I shot 135 grain zwickeys. One day slipped on a slope and landed on the bow and twisted the limb on it.

Comment

500 Spine arrows cut to 29" and 100 grain insert up front with a 150 - 165 grain 2 blade scary sharp broadhead should do it for ya. As far as fletching, I would go with either 3 x 5" or 5 1/2" with an option for 4 x 4" on 90 Degrees. I shoot almost the same exact set-up and with my arrows as described above, they shoot like darts. I am shooting the CE Heritage 150's cut to 29". My Blueridge is the same weight and my draw length is the same as yours.

Best of luck.

Doug Key

Comment

I have roughly the same bow but pulling it to 29". Using 29 1/2" 500s (carbon) with 175 up front. I should be at 50# at my draw length.

I never have been able to get a spine calculator to come close to what works for me in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
              I have roughly the same bow but pulling it to 29". Using 29 1/2" 500s (carbon) with 175 up front. I should be at 50# at my draw length.

I never have been able to get a spine calculator to come close to what works for me in real life.
              Realistically I've enjoyed success with the charts on recurve bows so far. Not so much with the long bow. Apparently the center cut and grip difference throws it off for me. Dang learning curve . . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X