Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting at a Running Deer/Animal - Ethical or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this survey include feral hogs?

Hard to beat a 30rnd mag hellfiring at a group of them bastages..........so I hear
    Last edited by Traildust; 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Depends on a lot of factors, speed of the animal, distance and the skill of the shooter.

Comment

yote = send it

Comment

Coyote or pig, I will shoot every time. Usually if I wound one, it is dispatched within a few minutes when I get to it. Deer and other game, I choose to let it run. I would hate to wound it and make a mess of the meat while going for the kill.

Comment

I shot them running all the time with 00 buck in Virginia on the Navy base! Like shooting rabbits. Don't have to lead them much. Lol

Comment

In Texas with rifle at hogs and yotes yes! Not me for deer

Comment

Deer at a slow trot, say chasing a doe with a steady rest I've done it easily and clean ethical kills. I wouldn't chance it moving at a run or without a steady rest. JMO

Comment

Getting a few bites trolling. Might try casting a little.

Comment

If you kill it, it's ethical....

If you miss it, it's ethical...,

If you wound it, not ethical...

Comment

Point the spotlight at their eyes, usually they will stop.

Comment

Ethical IMO has to do with shot placement and quick, clean kills. That's it. You can make an unethical shot at 15 yards or an ethical one at 500 yards.

Comment

The Indians chased down buffalo on horseback and shot them with arrows...This was out of necessity, but if they could do it riding a horse with a stick and string, your experienced hunter with modern equipment should be able do the same.

Comment

I shot my Aoudad last week running at 75 yards. Drilled him right in the pump house.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Sausage Kolache.
                              Jap and cheese please

Comment

Lots of states push deer to posters and most of their shots are on moving targets. I hunted this way for over 10 years when I lived up north. Lots would buckle and crash after being hit but some would still run. Never lost a deer I wounded. This isn't to say that I hit it and didn't know that I did and it ran off like nothing was wrong with no blood trail at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X