Another question for those who wadefish at the coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question for those who wadefish at the coast

Need advice about stingray guards. I've been tempting fate for several years on my annual trip by just wearing wading shoes. I try to shuffle as much as I can but I feel like if I wear guards I can concentrate more on fishing. I've been looking at the Foreverlast guards which look like they would be pretty inexpensive insurance against a painful sting. Any experience with that brand -or others? I only fish the coast 4 days a year - not like I will be using them every weekend.

i just shuffle my feet.

Comment

I felt the same way, it is cheap insurance. I bought the Reef boots and the seperate guards thinking the boots would wear out and it would be cheaper to replace the boots than have to buy a complete set.

I now can concentrated more on fishing and have less worries.

Comment

I use the foreverlast wade boots with the guards made on them. Don't know if the really work as I've never been hit before, but I like em.

Comment

I bought Whitetwater Snake Gaiters to use during dove season and they double as my wader guards.

Comment

I wear the predator reef boots and just take them off between wades. They also protect you against barnacles on rocks (I wade in Baffin and am always bumping into them) and also have steel in the sole so if you step down on glass/nail etc. they don't puncture. It just gives me a lot more peace of mind not just for stingrays but for infections from cuts/nicks. My ego can handle being safe.

Comment

Most important is don't back out the way u walked in rays will fallow behind you feeding off the stuff you just kicked up, if your shuffling your feet going at them they will book it out of your way. Been fishing the gulf for over twenty years never been stung. Good luck with the bite it's getting good

Comment

get them a little big
                mine were too tight and rubbed me raw. I can't wear them now

Comment

Just get the Ray Guards seperate from the boots.If you buy the ones that are sewed together they will come apart so just buy the boots and guards seperate.And get the boots 2 sizes to big .You will need to wear socks.They will tear your feet up without them.Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X