No announcement yet.

Vitals on axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle hunting.....High shoulder shot.....DRT. I have killed multiple with a bow and hit them forward and high compared to WT and they have only gone 75 yards max. Good luck!

Comment

Neck shot. DRT

Comment

We shoot a lot every year and always in the neck. Just shoot them with the CM where the neck joins the body.

Comment

In the face!

I kid I kid

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Only one I've killed was with my .25-06, 120-gr bullet right where kd350's pic shows, and he dropped in his tracks -- but -- when I walked up close enough to see him (he was over the crest of the hill and I shot him from a high blind) he was still breathing so I busted him again.
            Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
            My dad shot one in exact spot with a freakin 7 mag. Walked up to him and still breathing.
            Yeah they are tough. Seen them shot in the neck with 30/06,270,25/06,7mag and still be alive and have to shoot them again

Had a doe once that wouldn’t give it up. Took 2 180 gr 30-06 rounds in the shoulder and one in the neck

Comment

In the face!

I kid I kid

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                Vitals on Axis are not the same as whitetail. They are further forward.
                This... Whitney also told all the adults and kids the same when on the Big Oak kids hunt this year....

Comment

Working...
                X