No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not true, he has already been warned when he called them and asked. Plus they post signs saying the area is closed to the public. So in this case and what he stated on a public forum he could be charged and it would hold up. I'm speaking to what is being said in this case. To your point, yes there usually does have to be a warning but not if it is posted, area painted with paint in accordance with law, or fenced in such a manner that a reasonable and prudent person would / should understand that there entry is unwanted / unlawful.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      I usually apply with 2 other guys who have way fewer points than me. This year im solo, and will get full use of my 16 points in Exotic.

C'mon Devil's River!

Or Palo Duro, where they now make you apply with another person.
      Yeah, I have 13 in Exotics but my BIL retired and decided that he wanted to submit for draws now. He has 8 in exotics so we average 11. Fortunately, he doesn't hunt Javis or bowhunt so I can use my points there.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
        He first has to physical be on the property, told to leave, and then refuse before being charged. That's assuming the whole area is closed.

It's public property, and you cannot trespass unless you are on the property and told to leave by someone with the authority to order you to.
        They will seriously throw the book at you if caught on a WMA without a permit during a closed hunt, seen it first hand at richland creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
          Not true, he has already been warned when he called them and asked. Plus they post signs saying the area is closed to the public. So in this case and what he stated on a public forum he could be charged and it would hold up. I'm speaking to what is being said in this case. To your point, yes there usually does have to be a warning but not if it is posted, area painted with paint in accordance with law, or fenced in such a manner that a reasonable and prudent person would / should understand that there entry is unwanted / unlawful.
          I hike the parks and have been asked to leave areas. It's nothing dramatic and not a big deal. I've shown up to parks that are closed, and you are asked to leave. Criminal Trespassing is a misdemeanor and a slap on the wrist. They are not going to reference the phone call or search public forums. They don't even work that hard for felonies. TPWD and County Judges have better things to do than prosecute a guy that was just trying to make sure his wife was safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            They will seriously throw the book at you if caught on a WMA without a permit during a closed hunt, seen it first hand at richland creek.
            You are assuming he is hunting without a permit. That's different than accompanying his wife.

I'm going to quit posting because the thread is getting off topic.

Comment

You just admitted it's illegal regardless of how serious the offense is or who cares about. That is all I was saying, I'm done.

Comment

You are assuming he is hunting without a permit. That's different than accompanying his wife.

I'm going to quit posting because the thread is getting off topic.
                Your starting to sound like one of those sovereign citizen individuals, it doesn't matter if he's hunting or not WMA's are closed to the public during hunts for obvious safety reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  I usually apply with 2 other guys who have way fewer points than me. This year im solo, and will get full use of my 16 points in Exotic.

C'mon Devil's River!

Or Palo Duro, where they now make you apply with another person.
                  I did the same thing with my 16 lol. We'll see

Comment

I hike the parks and have been asked to leave areas. It's nothing dramatic and not a big deal. I've shown up to parks that are closed, and you are asked to leave. Criminal Trespassing is a misdemeanor and a slap on the wrist. They are not going to reference the phone call or search public forums. They don't even work that hard for felonies. TPWD and County Judges have better things to do than prosecute a guy that was just trying to make sure his wife was safe.
                    If it is posted that it is closed or I have been told that I am not allowed on the property, I would respect their decision. Otherwise, why ask?
                    Last edited by JeffK; 08-12-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I put in for four different archery deer hunts. As of now, it doesn't look like the drawings have been done for any of them yet. I'm also in for two E-postcard hunts and a turkey hunt, but the drawings for those isn't until later.

My kiddo got passed over for alligator, but she's still got a lot of youth deer gun drawings left. I'm really hoping she gets drawn on one. We aren't on a lease and at 8 she isn't quite ready for the way I have to hunt on typical public land.

Comment

Originally posted by setx View Post
                        The ole lady drew a jd murhpree gator tag and I just called the WMA to make sure I would be able to go w her to help her and he said no unless I had my own tag.... but you can not apply together for that tag so I call bs... kinda mad right now
                        I would try talking to them again a few times. You made a mistake applying. This is a good opportunity to allow a woman to enjoy the outdoors who would not be able to safely operate a boat and harvest an alligator by herself.

Comment

in going back and counting up my points from previous years i discovered that you only get 1 point per category, no matter how many applications you put in for that year. i.e. i put in for 3 different gun/either sex hunts last year - but only received 1 point.

That is discouraging to me, since i would think you should get 1 point per application, otherwise it will take 10 years of not getting drawn to get 10 preference points...boo!

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                            it will take 10 years of not getting drawn to get 10 preference points...boo!
                            The way its always been, what was changed was they allow you to apply for multiple hunts within a category and thats made the drawing odds go to pot. It becomes a $$$ game and those who $apply$ for the most hunts more likely get drawn... somewhere.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 08-12-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I just drew javelina! Plus alligator last week!!!

Comment

And another javelina!

Comment

Working...
                                X