Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spi

Comment

Tour the Southwest! My wife and I and are finishing up a round trip. Stops included carlsbad caverns in new mexico, grand canyon (north and south rim), antelope canyon, lake Powell in northern arizona, navajo reservation and 4 corners. Rented a car and took our time visiting everything.

Comment

Alaska.

Comment

Yellowstone and the Grand Teton mtns

Comment

California, Monterrey to Big Sur.

Comment

We just came back from 7 days in Yosemite and sequoia national parks. One of our best vacations ever!!

Comment

My favorite vacation was to Steam Boat Springs CO. We stayed in a condo did some trout fishing, breakfast horse back ride and an ATV Trip.

Comment

Good question...

Here are my recommendations...

Costa Rica is fantastic. I would recommend Tulemar in Manuel Antonio. They have an awesome private beach and you can walk to dinner every night.

The Big Island of Hawaii...
                  Its an incredible place. The issues with the eruption right now are isolated to a few areas. Don't let it sway you. Its one of the coolest islands in the world. It might be the only place I've been to multiple times. So much to do and you can have 85F beaches or 30F mountains within 2 hrs drive.

Alaska... If you want to get adventurous, rent a cabin in Alaska and spend a week there. I stayed at Lake Eva cabin on Sitka Island for a week and we flew in breakfast/lunch but we caught dinner every night. It was fantastic and really affordable.
                  Explore Lake Eva Cabin in Tongass National Forest, Alaska with Recreation.gov. Lake Eva Cabin is an accessible facility located 27 miles northeast of Sitka, Alaska, near the northeast coast of Baranof Island. Lake Eva is 1.7 miles long and

My only warning on the Lake Eva is there are lots of bears depending on the timing of the trip. I was there in the fall so the bears were on the river because of the Salmon run.

Comment

Lots of great spots here in Wyoming.
                    Yellowstone is always cool just for the wildlife, any place in a cabin in the mountains is also great.
                    You can rent forest service cabins for pretty cheap within the NF. Some are very rustic , some not so much. Cody is also a neat town. The drive from Laramie to Saratoga , Wy is beautiful over Highway 130, the Snowy Range. Saratoga is a great little western town, hot spring pool and a nice hotel with hot springs pools also. Platte River right through town.

Comment

Classic Alaska Charters - fish for a week, no cooking and fish and fish and fish and you can hike also... Mary and I have been several times. family oriented as well

Comment

Either the mountains in Colorado/Wyoming/Montana or the beach in Florida, Cozumel, or somewhere in the Caribbean. Have done Hawaii, Costa Rica, St Croix, and Barbados as well, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Comment

Frio River has always been my favorite vacation spot

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                            hands down for me and my kids is frio river.
                            bingo

Comment

my kids absolute favorite vacation is Isla Mujeres. They have been 3 times over the past 8 years. Great little island, use golf carts for our transportation, The main beach is in the top 10 beach's in the world. lots of great little restaurants. Very safe, I never worry about the wife and kids running around the island while I go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                                Turks and Caicos is off the charts as well.
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X