No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom E-Card Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info! Did they give you a print out of the compartment map? Also how were they breaking up the compartments?

Comment

No compartments. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
        No compartments. I'll send you a PM.
        New to the page and haven't hit the minimum posts to reply in pm yet.

Thank you for the info! Hopefully that will help a lot. First time hunting public land so anything helps.

Comment

Sure thing, hope you have success!

Comment

I just won an E-Postcard hunt to Big Lake WMA and I have never hunted this area before. Everything I read recommends an ATV or UTV but since I don't have either I was thinking about taking my duck boat to navigate up and down the Trinity. Does anyone know if there is a boat ramp on the WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by EatemUpCats View Post
              I just won an E-Postcard hunt to Big Lake WMA and I have never hunted this area before. Everything I read recommends an ATV or UTV but since I don't have either I was thinking about taking my duck boat to navigate up and down the Trinity. Does anyone know if there is a boat ramp on the WMA?
              That is not an option. No legal access from the river, as stated in the WMA.

Find an atv to borrow. You will need it.

However, if you let them know you do not have one, they will assign you to the closest unit so you can walk in. It will just limit your range some.

Comment

If it hasn't rained truck access isnt too much of an issue. The TPWD team has done a great job with the roads. A 4x4 truck can get you close to just about anywhere you want to be. If its wet at all I would recommend an ATV.

Comment

Any updates on this draw? I am in for the final draw on this plot but wondering if people are having luck here so far?

Comment

Thanks...I was just trying to get creative.

Comment

Anyone having any luck?

Comment

Working...
                      X