ATV Stereo set up.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV Stereo set up.....

Looking for pics and ideas of what you guys have done to set up a stereo system on your 4 wheelers(4 wheelers, not mules,rhino, etc)? Box will sit on the front rack.

I have an idea of what I am going to do but lets see whatcha got!

I use my river cooler DJ.... Multi purpose, ya know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
      This is one idea I have kicked around......... can you post up your set up or post a link to your DIY for me Bud?

Comment

Buddy just built one.. PVC pipe the circumference of the speaker you're going to use. Speakers go on each end then are siliconed. Wires are then ran to a small ammo can that holds a motorcycle radio amp and an mp3 player. All mounts on the front rack.

Comment

Here ya go DJ.... This thing will throw down, I have used it for pasture parties, the river, 4-wheeling, the uses are limitless....

Comment

I-Pod!

Comment

The one I have I bought from highlifter.com. It's under miscellaneous products. Its made out of PVC pipe that has been rhino lined. Marine speakers with amp contained inside the pipe. You can hard wire it to a switch or use the cigarette lighter plug if your ATV/UTV has one. Requires an ipod or mp3 player. I have a waterproof case attached to handlebars to hold my ipod. It is waterproof and pretty robust. I have had some pretty spectacular crashes and this thing still works great. $305 on highlifter.

Comment

Lol what do you need a stereo on an ATV for?

Comment

Originally posted by MKD12 View Post
                  I was having the same thought....guess it makes for a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by MKD12 View Post
                    We use our 4 wheelers for more than just utility. We use ours for joy rides and booze croozes at atv parks and private land. I built ours out of OSB and bedlined it. Put 4 6"1/2 Sony marine grade speakers with 300w 4ch motorcycle amp inside box. Run everything off of an iPod. Just plug it all into the 12v plug and enjoy. We've been using it now for about 2yrs without issue. I'll have to take pics and resize them if you're interested in seeing it.

Comment

Ipod!

Todd

Comment

We've built some of our own and now use these. Also made here in Texas. Just add mp3 or ipod of choice. Best setup is the older ipod shuffle.

http://mototunes.net/

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                          I do the same. I have the same setup as you. I built it for around $200 but it cold be done cheaper using cheaper components. The only difference that I see in my setup and yours is that I use the 12V rechargeable feeder batteries to power it. I went through a couple of those lawn batteries in a year and the feeder batteries have held up better, although they don't last as long so I keep an extra in the cooler.

br

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                            We use our 4 wheelers for more than just utility. We use ours for joy rides and booze croozes at atv parks and private land. I built ours out of OSB and bedlined it. Put 4 6"1/2 Sony marine grade speakers with 300w 4ch motorcycle amp inside box. Run everything off of an iPod. Just plug it all into the 12v plug and enjoy. We've been using it now for about 2yrs without issue. I'll have to take pics and resize them if you're interested in seeing it.
                            Oh ok that sounds cool I thought it might be to scare the deer off

Comment

Deer are curious they just might walk right up to us to see what all the racket is.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X