Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm talking about now, they have quit selling them on their website

Comment

I got turned on to them in a bow shop in Shawnee, OK back in like 1996 (was working there) and started using them exclusively until I found Grim Reapers years later. I likely would have stayed with them, but they got very hard to find. At the time I started shooting them, seemed like they were one of the only expandables on the market.

The biggest hole I have ever seen with archery equipment was on an eight point I shot quartering away at 31 yards with a 100gr. 2" cut Vortex. It started cutting ribs on impact and opened a gash all the way to the armpit, hit a bone and then fell out. It happened so fast I thought my arrow bounced of him or something. When I walked up to the arrow there was only blood on the broadhead and I was a little disappointed, then I looked left and it literally looked like someone was pouring blood out of a five gallon bucket, deer was dead at 20 yds, with a 10-12" long gaping wound. Would still shoot them if I could find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
        I'm talking about now, they have quit selling them on their website
        I use, the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          I use, the phone.
          So is spring the last time you ordered them or have you more recent?

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
            So is spring the last time you ordered them or have you more recent?
            Uhhh. Spring like I posted.

Comment

My buddy Matt called Diane today from the # on Vortex website. She confirmed that they quit making them.

Comment

Wow! Sad to hear that they no longer are made. They were my go to broadheads for many years during my compound days. Took many deer and hogs with them, never lost an animal due to the Vortex broadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
                  My buddy Matt called Diane today from the # on Vortex website. She confirmed that they quit making them.
                  Well that sux **** n blows Swamp water!

Comment

Working...
                  X