Seward/Anchorage Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seward/Anchorage Alaska

I got hired to drive a generator from Phoenix to Seward and was wondering what all I need to drive across Canada. Where to stay in AK, what to do?
    The pay is enough to risk the long run and I have Good co-driver. Passports in hand and our dispatcher is getting us the required permits for our hotshot truck.
    So far every hotel I've seen has been around the $200 mark, anything cheaper? Would it be worth the effort to charter a boat while we do out weekly reset, to chase halibut or something?
    Thanks for any info.

We plan on arriving Monday

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am no help, but if you are going to arrive in Seward Monday, you better get going!

Comment

I don't leave till Thursday from phoenix lol

Comment

Get a charter there or in Homer. They'll ship your fish. Anchorage is a city like most others, stay down on the arm. Prices are what they are. PM me if you get in a jam, have close friends in the area.

And the drive is awesome. You'll see some amazing country.

Comment

That will be a neat trip, would like to make that run myself someday.

Comment

Bucket list item.

Comment

i think 41chevy made a trip throuh Canada to alaska...I think he posted about it.

Comment

I would love to drive to Alaska, hope to do it one day. Have a great trip!!

Comment

Make sure you dont cross into Canada with an undeclared firearm, and no handguns! Might want to consider booking a halibut trip while in Alaska -- usually good this time of year. Contact Steve Zernia with Profish-N-Sea Charters out of Seward, or Joe Romano (Gas and Time Outfitters) out of Anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                    Get a charter there or in Homer. They'll ship your fish. Anchorage is a city like most others, stay down on the arm. Prices are what they are. PM me if you get in a jam, have close friends in the area.

Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely take you up on it if we have to.
                    Originally posted by McClain View Post
                    Make sure you dont cross into Canada with an undeclared firearm, and no handguns! Might want to consider booking a halibut trip while in Alaska -- usually good this time of year. Contact Steve Zernia with Profish-N-Sea Charters out of Seward, or Joe Romano (Gas and Time Outfitters) out of Anchorage.
                    Made sure I was clear of any firearms already, thanks.
                    I'll look into those 2 guys for a charter

Comment

Definitely charter a halibut trip out of seward while your there. Best seafood I have ever had was in Seward. Bring a camera will be an awesome trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Kenia River is an awesome salmon fishery. Not too far from Seward. Lots of good local guides.

If you are traveling around Anchorage, Denali Nation Park is worth checking out.

Have fun and be safe.

Comment

Welp, the load wasn't ready. Hopefully in a couple weeks we'll be a go

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post

you can catch a charter in Seward no point in going all the way to Homer unless you just feel like it. Also you can find cheaper rooms then 200 in anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                              you can catch a charter in Seward no point in going all the way to Homer unless you just feel like it. Also you can find cheaper rooms then 200 in anchorage.

Yeah, I said that... he can catch a charter “there” meaning Seward. And my comment on prices relates to the fact that things cost more in AK. If you’re on a super tight budget AK isn’t the place to book your extended business trip/vacation.

Comment

Working...
                              X