No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything I am reading on TPWD says that doe are allowed in Bosque county, and according to COE website, it doesn't say anything about buck only. When I called the COE office, they said they go by state rules. So, I see no reason why you can't shoot a doe. But I stand to be corrected if someone knows different. I filled another tag this weekend actually. Saw a small buck yesterday. Sniffing some scrapes that were made by a bigger buck. Bucks seem to be cruising.

Comment

Stuck a doe Saturday at the house. It didn't look like I got a ton of penetration. I am shooting 125grain Muzzy Phantom SC 4 blade. The bow I am shooting is a 45# @ 28" Kodiak Magnum. There was a ton of blood but could not find her. I am not confident that that is enough weight to take a deer with that set up. I will hunt the rest of the season with my compound. I need to test it out on some pigs and maybe try some different heads and arrow combinations.

Comment

How far was the shot and where did you hit her?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          How far was the shot and where did you hit her?
          10 yard and high downward behind the shoulder

Comment

Dead Head Found

Found a nice 10 point dead head. Can't post pictures yet because I am new to the group.

Comment

I could see it getting one lung or lodging in the backbone. But I would think the arrow would break off at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                Started out to be what I thought would be a great morning to hunt. That is until I started to climb up into my stand. Got about 2 foot up my tree (ok my buddies tree),and grabbed a limb and it broke and I landed on my back. Nothing major and not hurt. But when I took my sling off my bow and nocked an arrow I realized I must have landed on my bow. Riser is bent. Not sure if warranty will cover that or not!
                [ATTACH]977818[/ATTACH]
                Did the same thing several years ago trying to get into a tree where some one stole my bottom climbing stick I put up the night before. I was hard headed and determined to get in my tree that morning. Landed right on my bow, snapped half my gold tips in my quiver and broke my rest of. The bow was pushed into the ground. Those old Hoyt Tec riser must have been made good. I know the guy who’s still shooting that bow.

Comment

Anything good come out of Whitney the last couple of weeks? Hoping that the bucks may be moving this weekend.

Comment

New to this page but I have been hunting whitney/Aquilla for 3 years now. Ran into a gentleman who shot a buck but we ran out of blood. Anybody have contact for a deer tracker that’s available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cold at the gate this morning. At a new area not to hopeful as I still had corn on the ground from last weekend. Did see a good scrape over here. Gonna sit it this morning. If nothing shows I will go check another spot I formed and maybe switch it up Sunday morning

Comment

The best to all this weekend.

Comment

Nada for me. Checked the other spot and looks way more active. Put some corn and will hunt it in the am.

Comment

Today

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              Today

As long as I'm the hunter that is most up wind, closest to the deer that is further upwind, and will have a clear shot before the others, I'm OK with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                                Today

Can’t be all the newbies posting all their success on the interwebs...

Comment

Working...
                                X