1st Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
    Curious as to how much this cost you to build.
    I’ll add up my receipts later and let you know

Comment

Nice build and very nice Cornhole boards. Go Tigers!

Comment

In her natural habitat....going back in 2 weeks to adjust the roof. Need to do more of a overhang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build! Looking to do something similar!

Comment

Put some cross braces and tie that beast down, don’t ask how I know...

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              Put some cross braces and tie that beast down, don’t ask how I know...
              I’m going to. Going up in 2 weeks. Was yours on a 2x6 base and still got blown over. This thing has to be 500lbs easy.

Comment

We have had them on the ground blow over, in the air makes it that much easier.

What I’ve done to keep them up, a drum cut in half filled with concrete and eye hook in the middle. Turnbucket and some cables, works like a charm straight under blind.

Comment

How heavy is it?

Comment

Originally posted by jivey_21 View Post
                    How heavy is it?
                    When it’s in pieces 1 person can carry the sides and roof. The base can be rolled. But it’s heavy. Overall the blind is probably 500-600lbs is my guess.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I Like!

Comment

Nice build. I have considered windows like that in my next build. Do they seal good to keep water from leaking in especially if it builds up on window seal?

Comment

That blind looks fantastic! I would build one if I had the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                              Nice build. I have considered windows like that in my next build. Do they seal good to keep water from leaking in especially if it builds up on window seal?
                              I’ll let you know. I angled the bottom 2x3 a little to allow for run off and I siliconed the gap. I read that you can make your own kind of weather stripping out of silicone. So basically close the window with a sheet of plastic wrap (like for your food) and run a bead of silicone in the corners like if you were sealing up a corner. Wait 24 hours. Open window. Remove plastic wrap and it should be very weather tight.

Comment

very awesome blind build

Comment

Working...
                                X