little kids 4 wheeler info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little kids 4 wheeler info needed

guys looking to buy my 4 year old a 4 wheeler for his b-day ......now before i get the "he is to little for one spill" .....he is a little tuffer than your average 4 year old ...he's already has worn out the battery powered ride ...so its time to upgrade ........i need to know a dealer in or around the houston area....suggestions from the tbh brains on size, make , kill swicthes, teather, experiences.. etc ......and also the best price yall have found ......and yes he will have a helmet

I have been through a few of those japanese four wheelers. I don't recommend them unless you are willing to work on them i.e. carbs.. They are definetly priced right around 400 bucks.. If you keep them stored inside then it will extend there life substantially... The rust and sqeek but you don't have to worry about loosing alot when he runs it off in the ditch and bury's it in water. The only other advice I have is if you don't have a farm tax ID Highlands over on the east side of town will sell you one tax exempt. Again the small name brands have the same reputation as there bigger brothers but buying new there over 1500.00 .

Comment

Originally posted by Size Matters View Post
      I have been through a few of those japanese four wheelers. I don't recommend them unless you are willing to work on them i.e. carbs.. .
      are they strait gas ....or do you have to use mixed fuel?

Comment

stay away from the chinese offbrands. got one for my son when he was 7 and wouldn't start on x-mas morning. luckly got my money back went ahead, bit the bullet, got him a yamaha grizzly 80. kind of pricey, but its perfect for him. just change the oil and spark plug once a year and clean the air filter. he will outgrow it way before it wears out.

Comment

If you want something that will last forever and a day go with a Yamaha or Honda. Most of these small units have a throttle regulator. If you are looking at saving a few bucks for decent quality you might look unto an artic cat. I think they make a 50cc.

Comment

Originally posted by B4RANCH View Post
            are they strait gas ....or do you have to use mixed fuel?

4 stroke so strait gas.

Comment

Don't get one of the cheap built Chinese 4 wheelers unless you have a welder and enjoy working on it ever time they ride it.

Comment

stick with the name brands chinese stuff is too much hassle.

Comment

I was told by a State Trooper yesterday evening that come Sept 1st it will be illegal for any child 4 years old or younger to get on an ATV of any kind. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about. i asked him if they had set an old age limit

Comment

We've had a Polaris 50 for a few years. It's been lots of trouble. Our 7 y.o. just rode it all last week for miles in Colorado last week. Tried to start it tonight and it wouldn't start. We've also got a Polaris 90. Has also had lots of problems. I would look to see if Honda has a 50 before getting another Polaris. We have a Honda 250 that has been nothing but reliable.

Also: HELMET! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Comment

Buy him the best helmet you can afford. I don't ride ATVs but my humble opinion is that he's too young to have the experience to be ready for a problem and injury. I pray he enjoys it and is always safe.

My 2 cents, please take them in a positive manner.

Comment

I thought they passed a law earlier this year outlawing youth four wheelers due to them containing lead (the battery) I saw a report on the tyler news to that effect

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          Buy him the best helmet you can afford. I don't ride ATVs but my humble opinion is that he's too young to have the experience to be ready for a problem and injury. I pray he enjoys it and is always safe.

My 2 cents, please take them in a positive manner.
                          bill i put your 2 cents in my pocket .......helmet is a for sure ........you have to understand that he is well versed in being a boy ....he mutton busts( rides sheep) , he already has won a buckle, he rides his own horses and has been on a battery powered 4 wheeler for over a year now , he can also ride ny 700 with me and work the throttle and such , he is a very smart 4 year old !!!! it sometimes scary how smart ......anyhow he is never unsupervised and im looking for the 4 wheelers that have the governor to turn it down to a safe and managable speed ....they also have ones with a remote kill and a tether ........thanks for the prayers......its cool

Comment

We had a 50+ year old soil scientist (ex-military) killed on the job when he was idling down a slope. The 4 wheeler flipped and the rear wheel landed on his neck killing him instantly. He had a helmet on with an ATV Safety Institute training certificate in his wallet.

If he ever gets hurt you won't be able to forgive yourself. They learn quick how to adjust the one screw it takes to turn the speed up. Boys are naturally fearless.

Comment

Please tell me you're kidding. A 4-year-old on a 4-wheeler?

If your youngster gets hurt riding an off-road machine -- and it's quite possible, even likely -- you could face the spectre of Child Protective Services. Then there's your own guilt.

When this child gets to kindergarten, will you have him lined up for a Harley?

Come to your senses, lad.

Comment

Working...
                              X