No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got vaca to burn, Mexico & Panhandlehunter...

Just Say'n...

Comment

I'm on my way back to POC was hoping for something this weekend but getting excited for next week's outlook.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Just returned from a week at San Luis Pass/ Treasure Island.
        The mosquitoes were bad, bad, bad. I have been fishing this area 40 plus years and for the first time ever caught a Snook. It was about 20", did not have a camera and I released it. Pretty cool catch. Anybody else catch any down that way ?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
          I've got vaca to burn, Mexico & Panhandlehunter...

Just Say'n...
          I'll let you know amigo!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
            The mosquitoes were bad, bad, bad. I have been fishing this area 40 plus years and for the first time ever caught a Snook. It was about 20", did not have a camera and I released it. Pretty cool catch. Anybody else catch any down that way ?
            A friend of mine caught one about the same size at the mouth of the Bernard river. He took a couple of pics then released it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
              I was fishing Treasure Island and SLP this pass week and this is the worst I have seen it on how bad the mosquito's were. A black cloud just followed you around, especially if you walked through some grass on the way to wade. Caught a Snook last year here fishing at night under lights.

Comment

Finally got a break and Fished POC from 1130-115. Waist deep water, fresh water run off. Saw mullet flipping and figured if mullet are there, trout will be to. Caught around 30 trout with about half being keepers. Kept first 5 and released the rest.

Should be going again in the morning if rain holds off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Not looking good for us amigo, but next week isn't looking bad at all... I've got the itch dangit!
                  Good luck if y'all go. Ive been itchin to go myself !

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                    Finally got a break and Fished POC from 1130-115. Waist deep water, fresh water run off. Saw mullet flipping and figured if mullet are there, trout will be to. Caught around 30 trout with about half being keepers. Kept first 5 and released the rest.

Should be going again in the morning if rain holds off.
                    Dang it man! You're my hero catching those trout in fresh water, only thing I can catch in fresh water is a buzz if the cooler is holding some coldy's did you go this AM?

Comment

Haha.

No Sir I didn’t. AC went out yesterday and had ac folks come look at it this morning. Honey do’s inside the house took over the rest of the afternoon.

Depending on what it looks like might go Sunday. Don’t really like fishing weekends though.

Comment

Haha.

No Sir I didn’t. AC went out yesterday and had ac folks come look at it this morning. Honey do’s inside the house took over the rest of the afternoon.

Depending on what it looks like might go Sunday. Don’t really like fishing weekends though.

Comment

East Matagorda Bay
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                            East Matagorda Bay
                            I believe it. Lol. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. Don't have long. We have tickets to the astros game.

Comment

Fished PM last Saturday (evening), Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. It was raining every day but really clear water and wind was down all day. Kind of odd seeing light winds in PM.

Caught 20+ trout on clousers and shrimp pattern flies on my 8 weight and that was a blast. Lots of reds up skinny.

Only keeper fish we caught were 10-30 yards in 2-4' of water along deeper channels (but fish were not in deeper channels). Caught one big slot 27.5" red in the landcut. Landcut was a little slow but didn't stay that long.

Dodged rainstorms all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                                East Matagorda Bay
                                Man that is craziness!

Comment

Working...
                                X