No announcement yet.

The Mountains Are Calling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other thing to consider. Black bear populations have gone way up. I don’t worry about it any but you never know. Most my encounters have began and ended with the bear fleeing. The ones that stand their ground are worrisome to me sometimes. Taking care of a kill is the part that makes me nervous. Especially after dark. Heard plenty of stories about guys either having to surrender their meat or have gotten hurt defending it. I carry bear spray for bears and a .40 for the two legged thugs I might run into.

Comment

Scott...arrows and shot group looks good to go to me. Get some.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
        One other thing to consider. Black bear populations have gone way up. I don’t worry about it any but you never know. Most my encounters have began and ended with the bear fleeing. The ones that stand their ground are worrisome to me sometimes. Taking care of a kill is the part that makes me nervous. Especially after dark. Heard plenty of stories about guys either having to surrender their meat or have gotten hurt defending it. I carry bear spray for bears and a .40 for the two legged thugs I might run into.
        I plan to do the same!! I'll have a pistol and bear spray. I'm not sure which one to actually use if I encounter a bear that's aggressive...I've heard mixed opinions. But I'll have both. It would be a game time decision I guess.

Comment

Glad you brought it up. Passed on a clearance bottle of Bear Spray at wlamart earlier this year. Thank heavens for amazon... bottle on its way!

If I have frequent sightings... I will buy a bear tag though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

May the odds be ever in our favor, I am ready for some hunting this weekend

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread is killing me

Hoping to see some LDPs soon

Planning on making a trip next year

Comment

Welp, finally off work, and done with all my “after work” side jobs! Whew! Almost packed, and gonna finish up my checklist tomorrow when I got some daylight. You know you’ve been working quite abit when your wife says “I’ll be glad for you to get to go up there huntin so you can rest!” It’ll be physically tiresome with the hiking, and even more so if you’re packing out a critter, but with the temps, and just the fact of where I’m at... it will be like rest, the “tired” will be a “good kind of tired”, at least in a rejuvenating the body and soul kind of way!! The family and I go camping for a week every year at 8500+ ft elevation, (didn’t get to this year!) and it is definitely a grand way to spend some time in God’s awesome creation! I haven’t gotten to hunt in the high country since 2008 I believe, and I can still remember the exact spots I saw mule deer every hunt! Hopefully some of their offspring follow in their footsteps, and enjoy the same territories, cuz I’m coming back, with brothers in tow, and we are as ready as we can be! Yessir, I believe I speak for us all in this group when I say... WE ARE READY!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

The Mountains Are Calling...

I know I’m ready!! Today is gonna drag by. I’m gonna plan on getting up around 330 in the morning and rolling out by 4.

Comment

Dadgum!! I just knew I’d come back to this and there would be 20 new posts! Well, I’ve officially got everything packed, shot my last session, unstrung the Sarrels, and put her in the case. Arrows still going where I want at 25. Now will try to sleep until Ryan, and Randy get here in the morn! Then we’ll tear out with visions of bucks and bulls dancing in our heads! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I’m doing some last minute packing then gonna try to sleep! I highly doubt sleep will come easy!
                        In less than 36 hours I’ll be breathing some fresh mountain air!!
                        Then it’s game on!!

Comment

I’m about to roll out. Should be at Rusty’s around 6-630. I’ll try to post pics as service allows. We’ll be stopping for the night north of Amarillo, then I’m the mountains hopefully around lunch time tomorrow!!

Comment

Little breakfast stop.

Comment

Getting loaded up now. Got Rusty’s camper on my truck, so we’re looking a little redneck but our stuff will be dry!!

Comment

Well we ain’t sure if we got enough stuff but had to stop loading at some point!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X