Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all be safe out there on the roads.

Comment

One last bow sit before work tomorrow. Hoping for a cull or a doe and not 500 spike and fork horns show up like normal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going Thursday morning to close out the regular season. Cull on the menu hopefully!

Comment

I’m headed out to Mott for 4 days of shooting with the family. We have too many mouths on the ranch right now. Both kids have green lights.

Comment

Been hunting last 3 days. Pretty dang chilly....but gonna finally warm up a bit. Seeing a lot of mid day movement with a full moon and these cold temps.

Comment

Overall conclusion of our season. The 2010-2011 droughts showed big time. Our biggest deer are all 4.5-5.5. However, for the first time we were able to take several management deer. We had one jacka** shoot a 4.5 year old ten with tremendous potential. Needless to say he's no longer on the lease. Looking forward to a new thread this year

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Overall conclusion of our season. The 2010-2011 droughts showed big time. Our biggest deer are all 4.5-5.5. However, for the first time we were able to take several management deer. We had one jacka** shoot a 4.5 year old ten with tremendous potential. Needless to say he's no longer on the lease. Looking forward to a new thread this year
                Not many mature bucks seen this year, but a ton of young bucks, some with good potential. I did manage to kill a big 8 with a busted brow tine that was at least 6 1/2 years old.

Comment

Seasons over and I only got a doe. Meat for the freezer though. I had the same on my place as the others, lots and lots of does, fawns and fork horns during daylight hours. I did have big bucks on camera but they were mostly in the middle of the night. It was really frustrating to spend all those hours sitting and not letting one fly. The day I decided I was burned out and decided to take break I had a decent buck during shooting hours. It makes me sick to think about. Oh well, that's why its hunting and not killing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tagging this thread.

We hunt Pandale area since 2012. Our place is 2 miles past the pavement ending on RM 2083.

I shot this little bugger. Good year. Dear herd improving for us.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations, sir.

Comment

Need rain. Bad. It's been something like 100 days since our last rainfall here in Hemphill. Don't want a repeat of last Spring's fires.

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
                          Need rain. Bad. It's been something like 100 days since our last rainfall here in Hemphill. Don't want a repeat of last Spring's fires.
                          amen

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
                            Tagging this thread.

We hunt Pandale area since 2012. Our place is 2 miles past the pavement ending on RM 2083.

I shot this little bugger. Good year. Dear herd improving for us.
                            Congrats on your deer! Welcome to the thread. Kry will start a new thread early next fall so keep your eyes peeled.
                            Originally posted by Heron View Post
                            Need rain bad. I'm a little concerned about tomorrow's wind forecast.

I ended the season with 1 doe and my son shot a doe. I wanted to go this evening and put another in the freezer but don't think I'll make it. Lots of young bucks and the future on my place looks good. Definitely looking forward to the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X