No announcement yet.

Pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen aggressive behavior from many breeds of dogs towards people. A lot of the time the only way an aggressive dog can hurt you is to annoy you to death with it’s yapping. Pit bulls along with a few other large breed dogs can certainly kill a person. ThT is the big difference.

Comment

I'm sure there are many nice pit bulls kept without incident by responsible owners.

CDC records on fatal dog-bite incidents between 1979 and 1996 list the breed of "pit bulls" as responsible for 60 deaths -- double the next breed, Rottweilers, with 29, while German Shepherds killed 19 over that timeframe.

Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I guess he was joking, right? Labs and poodles are aggressive breeds? Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...
          Haha. Shhhhh.

But seriously though, one of the worse dog bites I’ve had was from a huge French poodle. Doing an AC call and He would follow around. Didn’t back or anything. I paid him no mind at first but when I went to finally pet him he bit the crap out me. Owner said that’s how he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            I guess he was joking, right? Labs and poodles are aggressive breeds? Hmmm....
            As I stated, it’s all about the owner. No I was joking

Comment

Pit bulls are great, until they flip their switch.

Comment

Dynamite is usually harmless with no fuse or blasting cap. It can sit there for years until one day it gets jiggled ever slightly and then KA-BOOM!
                Same with a Pit Bull.

Comment

There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Dynamite is usually harmless with no fuse or blasting cap. It can sit there for years until one day it gets jiggled ever slightly and then KA-BOOM!
                    Same with a Pit Bull.

If people were emotionally attached to dynamite the ones who rode around with it for years would swear up and down it's harmless. They would ignore the people who got blown up by it..bad owners or some other excuse.

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    There was just an event last week where a nice young lady was killed and eaten by her own pit while she was walking it. Yes, the dog was actually eating her when police arrived.

Then there was the happening last year or the year before where an owner was killed by his pit while being interviewed about being a pit owner.

People can talk about how aggressive labs and poodles are and give out dog bite statistics. The difference is, labs and poodles don't REGULARLY kill people.

For the "it's the owner" crowd. Why is it if i'm looking for a bird dog one can be suggested to me based on the history of a particular breed? Why is it people talk about how goofy labs are as a breed? Why is it Jack Russels as a breed are always referred to as killers? Now why is it when it comes to pit bulls, history of the breed doesn't matter and it's solely about the people who raise them?
                    That's been told to them over and over. I don't see how one can ignore those facts but they do.

Comment

I don't think the CDC results are a good value. I've ran on many, many people who were bitten by dogs that didn't want to go to the hospital, therefore there would be no statistic on it. I don't believe pits are more likely to bite, I think they have the ability to do more damage when they DO bite, therefore hospital visits/ CDC reports are more prevalent.
                      I've had 4 pits that I'd trust w/my life. BUT the vast majority of pits I've been around, that I didn't know, I just flat out didn't trust at all. (ironic, I know)
                      I have a 9 month old American Bulldog now that's bigger & stronger, by a large margin, than any Pit I've ever owned. I fully trust her with my life but if I didn't know her, & saw her walking down the street, I'd do my best to get as far from her as possible!!! She looks like a 90lb pit on steroids w/a giant head.
                      I think it boils down to having the ability to do harm more than it is the frequency of doing harm.

Comment

Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..

But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..

But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.
                          I was attacked by a standard poodle when I was about 10. It was a dog I had been around 10+ times & played with in my neighborhood. It was HUGE! Like Great Dane huge. It knocked me down, jumped on my back & started to maul me. Luckily I was able to get up and quickly climb a 6' wooden fence to get away. Those big ones can be mean.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            I was attacked by a standard poodle when I was about 10. It was a dog I had been around 10+ times & played with in my neighborhood. It was HUGE! Like Great Dane huge. It knocked me down, jumped on my back & started to maul me. Luckily I was able to get up and quickly climb a 6' wooden fence to get away. Those big ones can be mean.
                            Ok, yea I was talking your standard small house poodle..
                            Those giant, ugly clown looking poodles freak me out... I can't imagine how scary that must have been.... That would be as bad as getting attacked by a scary clown...

Comment

bingo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't talk logic

Comment

Working...
                                X