X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue's hurt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW, blues have been known to get out of their hole and come back to attack from behind. Getting bit on the side of the waist handles hurts like heck not to mention the surprise. I seen a buddy almost swallow his regulator from that.

Comment

Do people do this sober? Don't think there's enough beer in TX to get me to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          BTW, blues have been known to get out of their hole and come back to attack from behind. Getting bit on the side of the waist handles hurts like heck not to mention the surprise. I seen a buddy almost swallow his regulator from that.

What you mean regulator? Y'all go air for under water?

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
            What you mean regulator? Y'all go air for under water?
            Scuba, probably. An acquaintance on mine nearly drowned in Bull Shoals after spearing a big blue in a cave. Knocked his regulator our and broke his nose before he could back out. He did get the fish after the trouble!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24441764

I'm still looking for a big fish. I believe this is my year. I have some decent holes located.

Comment

[ATTACH]789186[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have always wanted to do this

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I've just heard stories about it. There was a guy that got bit by a Water Moccasin several years ago down by Ada,Oklahoma while he was noodlin. The scariest thing about it is the possibility of drowning. A man drowned in Lake Eufala a while back after his arm got trapped in some concrete. He was noodlin under the old highway and nobody knew anything had happened until it was too late. I don't care about snakes,turtles or none of that. I have 10 fingers,just one life.
                    Oh I agree about the fingers and toes. Still don't want to lose any! My grandfather grew up in Missouri and used to noodle. Told me stories my hole life and about a time one of his best friends went down and never came back up. If I remember correctly they found his body a ways down river. Said it was just a big cat that held on to his arm and drug him out. I actually would like to try it sometime, but definitely with someone experienced.

Comment

Oh, and nice fish by the way to everyone posting pics. That first blue is s hoss.

Comment

Done it once with Don "Kattdaddy" Brewer, he's a beast at it. He does it on air, but not SCUBA, a surface supplied compressor when he's noodling around the old roads. We didn't use air the day I went with him, but we didn't catch any that day, he said that it was late in the year, July 4th weekend, to catch them in the shallow waters.

Comment

Big fish for sure. I'll stick with rod/reel

Comment

Nuts! You either are...are you have big ones!!!

Comment

I have gotten to be around Skipper Bivins a couple times and hear some of his stories. He went to Spain and noodled a wels catfish. I watched a video too of his brother Scooter getting bit by a beaver. Noodling ain't for me.

Comment

Yea in my own opinion "air" is cheating because not everybody can have it. And my wife's great grandad doing it. She never met him but her dad watched him die. Went under a stump and never came up it was sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X