No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin, fishing makes boat payments,hunting feeds me and I'm on a diet. And it's to nice out to not be on the lake. Plus I'm not that mad at the deer yet..I'll get after them when it cools off. The boat got a upgraded motor so I can freeze on those chilly mornings..

Razor, nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by razorback01 View Post
      tg, it's the shelly, goodrich, and goodness units this year.

Top, beleive nothing you read here as we are all liars. Welcome!
      That's funny!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'll get the profile setup once I figure everything out.

Comment

Well put corn out at two spots again today. One spot looks bulldozed so I'm sure it's piggys. The other spot jumped a big body deer off but couldn't see if it had a rack. Hopefully everything sticks around.

Comment

I just got done, hopefully I got a good spot to start the season.

Comment

From what I've seen body size seems to be pretty good this year. I haven't ran a cam this year so how is the antler growth this year?

Comment

From what lil I've seen, body health is good. But being that there is plenty to eat...that can be expected. Don't know about racks. But probably normal with floods and plenty of new vegetation growing, from past experience. They should have lots of corn to feed on very soon too.

I wish this heat would go away.

Comment

Opening weekend high in low 80's with a new moon on the 30th

Comment

S/e wind is all I'm concerned about for that weekend

Comment

I want a cool calm morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                        I want a cool calm morning.
                        We can hope I scouted for a few hrs today think I found a few spots close to the house but we will see found 1 I really like but it's kinda going to be hard to hunt trying to decide what tree to get into lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                          We can hope I scouted for a few hrs today think I found a few spots close to the house but we will see found 1 I really like but it's kinda going to be hard to hunt trying to decide what tree to get into lol
                          Just keep trying you'll get one.

Comment

I hope this heat wave leaves before too long.

Comment

Storm, what heat wave? Late Sept, heat index over 100, whats the problem?

Comment

Official Burleson high temp today was 100.

This is the third day of Sept to officially reach 100. Average number of days for Sept. is one. Now, if I can just survive the week...

Comment

Working...
                                X