Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of dead grass and Broom weed, hard to see those rattlebugs

Comment

I had .66" between Water Valley and Carlsbad south of highway 87 about a mile. Water Valley had around 2". I heard a report of 4.5" between Robert Lee and Water Valley up on the divide. My cousin had 3.5" about 10 miles west of Water Valley. It was a blessing for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        I can see it rained for about 45-50 min but can’t tell how much. The desert was so dry it just soaked it up. Better than nothing tho, might hold the dust down until about 10am.

3/10 at TP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for bad pic here I forgot to save to my laptop so this is all I have till next check. I’m liking this middle aged guy he might do something next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            3/10 at TP

6/10 west of Mertzon by the Middle Concho.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
              I had .66" between Water Valley and Carlsbad south of highway 87 about a mile. Water Valley had around 2". I heard a report of 4.5" between Robert Lee and Water Valley up on the divide. My cousin had 3.5" about 10 miles west of Water Valley. It was a blessing for sure.
              Doesn’t look like that 4” made it over the divide. The less than .25” that farm logs had for us south of RL is probably high.

First card pull. Holy pigs, Batman!!!!

Comment

Also, we don’t have any cows so the grass and broom weed is out of control. Had two does spook and get tangled up in the grass when they were trying to run off.

All our creeks are flowing. Aquifer must be full. They usually only flow immediately after a big rain. They were flowing on 8-3 also. Hunting water is probably gonna be a bust this year.

Comment

Also, power is out, which is a nut kick when all I am here to do is pull and clear cards and I didn’t charge my laptop. CVEC says it will be back between 11 and 1. So I am sitting at Starbucks in Angelo charging lap top and clearing cards. Not how I wanted to spend the day at the lease.

Comment

Known 8 year old.

Comment

Known 8 year old.

Heck yeah, he’s a solid buck....Love the age on him as well.

He looks real good to me.

Comment

Known 8 year old.

Awesome buck!! Has anyone watched him on the hoof in person? I know we have one similar that I don’t think anyone has seen while in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                          Awesome buck!! Has anyone watched him on the hoof in person? I know we have one similar that I don’t think anyone has seen while in the stand.

I saw him twice last year driving but never in the stand. Hunted him with my bow but never got a chance. May be same way this year. He’s pretty smart. Last year he would show 1-2 times a week at my feeder at random. Sometimes being gone 2 weeks straight. Will be an accomplishment to get a shot at him with the bow.

Comment

I saw him twice last year driving but never in the stand. Hunted him with my bow but never got a chance. May be same way this year. He’s pretty smart. Last year he would show 1-2 times a week at my feeder at random. Sometimes being gone 2 weeks straight. Will be an accomplishment to get a shot at him with the bow.

That’s Stud !

Comment

Went to the lease for some final touches this weekend. Deer are looking promising.

We kill rattle snakes every single time we are there. All the rattlers we see are 2-3 feet long, generally small snakes. It’s strange that we kill tons of small ones and never se any big ones. I hate a rattle snake but I’d rather they be 6ft than 2ft. The bigger ones are easy to see. Why do y’all see at y’all solace snake wise? Mostly smaller rattlers?

Comment

They always look good from behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X