Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody can pretend that Texas hasn't been consistently overrated by the human polls in the preseason since 2010.

The preseason computer polls have not been nearly as kind to Texas over the last decade. They haven't had this kind of experienced talent for quite a while. A big component in the preseason computer models like FPI and S&P+ is returning production. Texas has a ton of production coming back on both sides of the ball (basically getting everything back but about 60% of their receiver production, which is significant).

That is the reason that the computers like Texas (and Texas A&M for that matter).

Of course, in the offseason, there is nothing for the computers to measure except for returning production, baseline talent per the recruiting services, and some historical trends.
    Last edited by El General; 02-18-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Every year ATM, Texas, OK, and Fl St get over-hyped and over-ranked. One of these decades the stars just may line up and the ranker hits the lotto. 6-7 of those teams listed may not even be in the top 25 at season's end.
      Not real sure how you can put us (A&M) in that category. Since 2010 we have been Unranked during preseason AP polls 6 times...

2010: UR
      2011: #8
      2012: UR
      2013: #7
      2014: #21
      2015: UR
      2016: UR
      2017: UR
      2018: UR
      2019: #19

I'm not real sure where you think we get a ton of respect... Especially the last 5 years being ranked 1/5 going into the season.

Comment

February...and we're worried about ranking based on computer metrics...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Yessir enjoying the view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            These comments crack me up. It's February on the CFB thread. What else is there to talk about?

Those that make these comments or ***** about banter NEVER tell us what is ok to discuss.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              4 appearances in 16 years what say you?

We had 2 in 5 years and just missed another. A couple of breaks and Texas could have been the dynasty before/instead of Nick.

Yeah, I know, they have sucked the last decade. Maybe this one will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                We had 2 in 5 years and just missed another. A couple of breaks and Texas could have been the dynasty before/instead of Nick.

Yeah, I know, they have sucked the last decade. Maybe this one will be better.

We can all play the what if game... at the moment Herman’s looking like he’ll be with a new team, before bringing texas back to a power team. However for the sake of good football i hope both texas teams get better, as much as i like bragging rights i prefer good football better. An Texas an a$m being good is good for cfb as a whole.

Comment

We can all play the what if game... at the moment Herman’s looking like he’ll be with a new team, before bringing texas back to a power team. However for the sake of good football i hope both texas teams get better, as much as i like bragging rights i prefer good football better. An Texas an a$m being good is good for cfb as a whole.

No offense but your opinion on Herman or the state of the Texas program means nothing. The verdict is still out. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    No offense but your opinion on Herman or the state of the Texas program means nothing. The verdict is still out. We'll see how it goes.

No but the fact there’s even a verdict looming speaks louder than Any optimism being pumped

Comment

Just Clicked on the Astros thread on accident thinking it was this one. Saw Macdaddy was the most recent post, thought maybe he had returned.... nope, wrong thread sir.

Comment

Everyone's opinion means nothing.

Orgeron would probably be in the same spot as Herman if they hadn't hired Joe Brady.

I don't know if Herman is the guy to get Texas into real national title contention. But, even if he gets run after next year, the program will be in much, much better shape than when he took over.

Comment

Herman will either get it done or he won't. The AD has spoke his peace! Win or bye...

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            Everyone's opinion means nothing.

Orgeron would probably be in the same spot as Herman if they hadn't hired Joe Brady.

I don't know if Herman is the guy to get Texas into real national title contention. But, even if he gets run after next year, the program will be in much, much better shape than when he took over.

You know that for a fact? I remember some claiming we hired the equipment manager... guess we’ll agree O knows how to pick good assistants?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Herman will either get it done or he won't. The AD has spoke his peace! Win or bye...

Not sure who yalls AD is, but he seems to handle this appropriately. He’s given TH a fair opportunity, and seems to have a realistic approach to the whole thing.... that’s all you can ask as a fan

Comment

You know that for a fact? I remember some claiming we hired the equipment manager... guess we’ll agree O knows how to pick good assistants?

Well, I said probably, so that don't amount to a fact. And, I thought O was the shrimp boat captain, not the equipment manager?

Comment

Working...
                                X