X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Who are your elite QBs going into 2020?
    I'm with you but Sam is a late draft IMO based on tools and arm talent. His intangibles are going to be what makes him serviceable at the next level. I hope he proves me wrong but thats where I see it and I don't think that anyone can really argue against that if we are talking about the next level. As far as college goes, hes plenty good enough to win a championship(with a surrounding cast)!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      1+1= best team ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

And the data says.... greatest team ever

If UCF is on a list when talking about all time greatest teams then the list can be thrown in the trash.

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          If UCF is on a list when talking about all time greatest teams then the list can be thrown in the trash.

Century, but the top team is universal across all centuries

Comment

Who are your elite QBs going into 2020?

Only 2 that I can think of that I’d for sure take over Ehlinger, but he has to at least be in the top 5 qbs going into 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              I'm with you but Sam is a late draft IMO based on tools and arm talent. His intangibles are going to be what makes him serviceable at the next level. I hope he proves me wrong but thats where I see it and I don't think that anyone can really argue against that if we are talking about the next level. As far as college goes, hes plenty good enough to win a championship(with a surrounding cast)!

I don’t care about the NFL as it’s a completely different game. In college after, Fields and Lawrence it’s a very short list for 2020 best QBs until you get to Sam.

Comment

Heisman odds

Comment

Dang Rattler already #3. QBU.

Comment

I don’t care about the NFL as it’s a completely different game. In college after, Fields and Lawrence it’s a very short list for 2020 best QBs until you get to Sam.
                    The window is getting narrower every year between success in college and NFL.
                    I understand what you are saying but there are not very many great college teams that don't have some prospects and especially a QB. It is what it is and I didn't make the rules. Sam is a good player but I don't see him being elite. That's just my opinion. It could certainly change and he could make a jump, ala Burrow this last season.

Comment

The Heisman odds is a good starting point but a lot of that is based on program and coaching success. The list shows potential of guys but they have proven nothing yet.

Texas probably won’t win enough games to have Sam in the conversation. He’s gong to finish at Texas with a ton of records when it’s all said and done. I think it’s silly not to include Sam in the list of the top college QBs for 2020.
                      Last edited by Heath; 02-09-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

The Heisman odds is a good starting point but a lot of that is based on program and coaching success. The list shows potential of guys but they have proven nothing yet.

Texas probably won’t win enough games to have Sam in the conversation. He’s gong to finish at Texas with a ton of records when it’s all said and done. I think it’s silly not to include in the list of the top college QBs for 2020.
                        You are correct. He's a 4 year starter, thats good and bad but certainly doesn't scream elite. When is the last time Texas had a 4 year starter at QB? That should be a red flag right there........

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Dang Rattler already #3. QBU.
                          Did he play last year? Serious question, I don't know if he did or not. Why is he so high? Just talent potential and program?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            Did he play last year? Serious question, I don't know if he did or not. Why is he so high? Just talent potential and program?
                            Arm talent, athleticism, program

Not saying right or wrong but thats the answer to your question. Could be a complete headcase, etc. Thats why its called gambling!

Comment

Yes. Meaningless snaps. I guess potential and Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                You are correct. He's a 4 year starter, thats good and bad but certainly doesn't scream elite. When is the last time Texas had a 4 year starter at QB? That should be a red flag right there........

College football, not the NFL. I don’t give a rats *** about the NFL and how a players game translates to the NFL.

If you want to base how you think about a college football player based on his NFL potential than have at it, but thats a silly way to judge a college player in my opinion. I’m not calling Sam elite but think he’s in the conversation of the best college QBs in 2020.

Hell he would be a much better player if he played on some of those rosters.

Comment

Working...
                                X