Nra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    The NRA has 5,000,000 members or thereabouts. Imagine if every member signed up just one more person !
    I've been a life member for a long time. Now I'm going to start gifting memberships to other people though.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      I didn't renew my membership a few years back because of too much email and mail. It was crazy. The hyperbole and nonsense was too much. I may try to find a paper application and join again so they won't email me to death
      Pretty easy to stop that stuff if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        I didn't renew my membership a few years back because of too much email and mail. It was crazy. The hyperbole and nonsense was too much. I may try to find a paper application and join again so they won't email me to death

It is easy...click the little unsubscribe option at the very bottom of your email.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Nra

So are you guys not upset about the NRA and this statement about bump stocks?
          “The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by one66stang; 02-25-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Crap, it was already so hard to remember who we were supposed to like/boycott and not like. Now I have to add more people to that list. It's getting too hard to track can someone make a cheat sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              “The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations”

I don't know enough about the subject but what I've heard in the past they were skirting the edge of the law with bump stocks.

We do have a law on the books that makes fully automatic weapons an NFA item. What does the law state, simply a rate of fire minimum or does it dive deeper into what makes a rifle full auto?

I still support the NRA, they are not perfect but they're our best defense to keep what we use to defend ourselves.

Comment

That's a baited question after vegas...NRA reps owners across the spectrum including a bunch of members who feel ar's & the like are not needed themselves!! Lose the battle & move them to nfa to fight the war another day.

How many would turn in their cards if the statement was:

The NRA believes all items like bump stocks & binary triggers that increase the rate of fire to assist function similar to full auto should not be held to further regulations. Although they can simulate fa they are not part of the firearm with a serial number that otherwise requires traceability. The NRA took heat from many members when we supported previous item like auto-sears & full auto receivers & the gun themselves to the NFA process. This was a mistake.

They are a political organization & will always be forced into a corner when some nut job uses a new gadget in a tragedy. I'm not sure what choice they had & have also stated that while they support further regulation to an item that helps a firearm work like fa & be subjected to the current law how nfa are handled that the change isn't going to solve our issues. They were simply screwed & bet tens of thousands of members would have resigned vs the numbers who would quit if they stated no further regulation of any kind.

Thanks to those that joined!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  I've been a life member for a long time. Now I'm going to start gifting memberships to other people though.
                  Good idea,

Comment

No I'm not, and I don't like every little thing my wife does either, yet here I am after 35 years of marriage to this imperfect woman !

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

That's a good plan, Ill do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        I also just read that Dallas said they don’t want NRA to host their convention there. This stuff is ridiculous.

I wish Mayor Price would come out and say Fort Worth will host the convention is Dallas doesn’t want the influx of money
                        x's 2! Dallas and Fort Worth are literally night and day different!! Only reason I EVER go to Dallas is to fly out of Love Field (Southwest). It is a cesspool of Liberal thinking and corruption!

Comment

Guess I’ll just have to rent a bicycle next time I travel

Comment

I am a lifer. The discounts were minimal at best with most of these companies and it helped them way more than it helped the NRA. I didn’t become a member for the discounts.

Comment

Working...
                            X