The price of used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    This is what happens when people do not know how to buy vehicles. They fall in love with the first one they find and they have to have it. That drives up the price. Be patient and you can get it done at a reasonable price but do not fear walking away from any deal. Be ruthless in what you offer them. I often see used trucks on here that are priced higher than I paid for new trucks with the same features....what is even funnier is all of the people posting telling them what a great price it is and how quick it will sell.....

-john
    Haaaaaa. I note the same all of the time. However, those commenting usually say it should “sale” fast.

Comment

I sold one last spring for $800 bucks! 1 owner, 4wd, cold AC...needed work...

It must be the pavement pounder, diesel driving accountant types, driving this....you can't give away a work truck.
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-07-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        There was a F250, King Ranch on here yesterday for 21 Gs. It had 215,000 on it. I thought it was an ok deal for a 2010. Looked brand new in the pics.
        Not with that 6.4, one year newer and it would be alot more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          That is simple. Just don't buy ANY vehicle that has been registered in any county south of Travis in the last 5 years.
          Might weed out most but definitely not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            That is simple. Just don't buy ANY vehicle that has been registered in any county south of Travis in the last 5 years.
            Thanks thats a start...

Comment

Better than the price of new ones!

Comment

Thats the main reason Im driving a 15 year old truck. And honestly, if I bought another at this point it would be 12-15yrs old too. I dont know where people are getting all this money to spend $50-90k for a truck unless they are using it for business.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                  Haaaaaa. I note the same all of the time. However, those commenting usually say it should “sale” fast.
                  LOL...Proof reading my responses has never been a strong suit of mine.......

-john

Comment

The prices were like this before Harvey as well. Truck prices ( especially diesels) have just gkne nuts from demand. Always say, its worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Comment

yeah bows my mind. I was in the market 3 years ago. I ended up buying a 2002 GMC 2500 Duramax with 130k on it. for 14k. I felt like that was the best bang for my buck at the time.

Comment

Go out of Texas to purchase

Comment

Used vehicles are at a premium right now, 2 reasons the price of new ones and hurricane Harvey

Comment

Someone is getting rich. I contacted a few dealers about my 2001 F150 with 120k and they offered about 3k.

Comment

Prices are crazy for used ones, but as stated, look no further than what the new ones are going for.

Just my opinion, but new vehicle prices have risen steadily due to the ease of obtaining fairly low interest financing. The average Joe doesn't seem to mind having a car payment every month. Just think of how many people out there buy a new one today and trade it in a few years later; never owning said vehicle and really just swapping out one monthly payment for another.

Comment

I went and looked at an extended cab, cloth interior z71 that was claimed to look great and no accidents. Neither of those claims were true. It was beat up and and looked like it had 200,000 more miles than the ODO showed. Clearly rode hard and put up wet. I listed all the stuff I found wrong and they still wouldn't budge on price. Not one dollar.

I drove to Tulsa last week and bought a dang near cherry fully loaded GMC crew cab with the 6.2L engine for $1,000 more than the POS I looked at down here. They came $4k off list price.

I priced new ones too. You have to catch them at the right time to get a good deal on a new one and it seems around June is that time on a Chevrolet. You need that "red tag" sale. I priced a new extended cab chevrolet last week and it was $43k with "employee pricing", my brother bought his loaded LTZ crew cab 4x4 chevrolet in June or July for $41k during the red tag sale.
                                Last edited by adam_p; 12-07-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X