No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2017 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome bucks Rattler! I hunted both Webb and Zapata this weekend and definitely experienced an increase in mature buck movement. Bucks seem to be on the move if they aren’t the dominant buck at their usual hangouts. The result of that yielded me a 7yr old on our hit-list that lives in my neighboring pasture but came my way Saturday morning. He was the dominant buck that morning and pushed 5 other bucks around so I gave him a carbon injection! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5879.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	24519310

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on all the nice bucks.
      It's been really slow the month of November for me. Haven't seen very many deer at all.

Comment

My daughter shot her first deer and javelina this weekend. It sure feels good to pass it on! [emoji16]

Comment

Are the deer moving down around Better yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Are the deer moving down around Better yet?

Just got some pics of new young bucks on camera, I’m thinking the rut is about to get under way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              Just got some pics of new young bucks on camera, I’m thinking the rut is about to get under way!!

I hope it holds off till the 16th. I took vacation then to stay the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                My daughter shot her first deer and javelina this weekend. It sure feels good to pass it on! [emoji16]

That’s what it’s all about Peyton! Way to pass it on!

Comment

Maverick County
                  Attached Files

Comment

They were startin the chase last weekend near Dilley. Also seeing more lone doe/bucks instead of always in groups. Though I am still seeing some groups on my wireless camera.

This big guy showed up also. He doesn't live here so he's definitely here for the ladies.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Headed to Dilley Wednesday. Hope it picks up and they are searching for the ladies.

Comment

Guys at the lease said it's almost starting in between Freer/Hebronville area. Hopefully the deer wait for me until next weekend.

Comment

It’s snowing in Carrizo Springs!!!

Comment

Weather advisory for snow in Dilley according to a friend.

Comment

Just got these pics yesterday, I’m pretty sure the rut is kicking off. Mid day movement and this guy is looking ****** off about something. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24522467
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	24522468

Comment

It's snowing down in Catarina, should help with all the green brush!

Comment

Working...
                                X