No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the only highlight on the game camera !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post

This was the only highlight on the game camera !!!!

Now that's a nice buck right there!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Fowl, how are the pastures looking? Pretty green?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
          Fowl, how are the pastures looking? Pretty green?
          Not too green, got less than an inch of rain on Friday night

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
            Now that's a nice buck right there!!!!!!!

You can bet I'll be looking for him come October

Comment

Saw the first fawn of the season for me. I got within 5 feet before he bolted... I don't know anything in regards to fawns so this is going to be speculation on my part: I figure it was a few days old at most as it was tiny but wow did it dart off once I got to close. For the record, I had not seen it until it bolted so I got no pic

Comment

I need to go to the lease....

badly! Other lease members filled feeders,etc. back in May and then again this past weekend. I finally got them to respond to my texts about conditions at the lease. It was not good. For me anyway.

It appears that something knocked my feeder down and tore it all to heck. pulled a leg out, feeder unit pulled out and hanging on by two screws, and the varmint cage tore all to heck. I'm thinking a bear got too it and then the hogs helped him finish it off. To make matters even worse, something had tore up the post that my camera was on. Actually broke it in half according to them. That's odd because it was a 4X4 treated post in a 5 gallon bucket of concrete. The found my camera on the ground and took it to the camphouse. The guys said they fixed my feeder and got it running, but couldn't nail the legs back down because they didn't have a sledge. I had driven 1/2 inch stakes into the ground and had all three legs securely wired to the stakes. That means something big pulled those stakes out of that rocky ground.

I was at the lease the last weekend in March and filled feeders. I put a molasses bucket and an alfalfa bail at my feeder. The alfalfa was to try an coax those mouflon sheep in so I could whack a few.

Well, I may just have to break down and get a new feeder. Preferably one on skids. I don't wanna drop $600 on a new one, but it may be time. One that is low enough that I can stand and fill. Most of the feeders on our lease you gotta stand on a platform in the back of a UTV to fill. That's getting old and harder at my age.

I'm really interested to see what's on that camera before all heck broke loose. We aren't too far from the Pecos River and the lease next door has seen bears tearing p their feeders. I've had hogs at mine as well, but never anything huge. Does anyone use the cellular cameras out there? I'm not sure I have enough cell service for it to work. I have to be up top and I'm luck to get one or two bars where my stand/feeder is located.

The saga will continue.
                Last edited by SabreKiller; 06-28-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Ive been thinking real hard about putting a cellular camera out there too but the lack of service is a concern for me as well

Comment

In the past....

I've had decent cell service up top. Maybe three bars at most where my stand is located. Now, in the past 6 months something has changed. I'm lucky to get one bar. I'm not sure I wanna go to the expense of a cell camera that may or may not work.

If it did work, I'd never get any work done. I'd be looking at my phone or email all the time! LOl! And if I actually say a bear tearing up my feeder, it's not like I can do anything anyway! I'm 4 hours or more away from the lease.

Comment

The cell camera would work. It runs on wifi. Wi-Fi is everywhere. You just have to pay monthly for the service. I was told $12 for at&t

Comment

Verizon actually sells the camera with a 2 year plan

Comment

Aint no Wi-Fi anywhere near me. Unless it runs on its own personal hotspot.

Comment

Yeah it would be a hotspot. I had Wi-Fi in my Chevy and it ran full bars when truck was on.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              Aint no Wi-Fi anywhere near me. Unless it runs on its own personal hotspot.
                              ATT has a little bit of a signal, everyone else nothing

Comment

That's what I was saying earlier. Signal strength used to be better, but it had dropped off int he last 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X