Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Our feeders are mighty lonely places still. Just a few whitetail does showing up. My protein feeder hasn't been touched for at least a couple weeks. Crazy. But deer are everywhere (except in the feed pens). I got this 34x33 yesterday morning.

He had a brown spot on his white belly. I never saw one that had that before. Kinda interesting.

After reading the axis loin/heart thread I thought I should look around for details. Great bucks congrats to all 3 generations! Oh and I am out on the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      After reading the axis loin/heart thread I thought I should look around for details. Great bucks congrats to all 3 generations! Oh and I am out on the heart.
      Heart is really good. I never tried it either until a year ago.

Comment

Congrats to you and your son Shane on 2 great bucks and some dang good eating!

Comment

Congrats on some nice axis. We will be down this weekend so we may stop by the rafter at some point and say hi. Good luck to everyone...

Comment

Nice axis! I'm heading that way Saturday afternoon, won't be there until that evening.

Comment

Awesome deer, Shane!

Comment

All the Pence clan (Kelly and the boys) will probably go to Roosevelt for lunch on Sat. Hope to see some of y'all there or we might even venture into Sonora ..Is the Rafter W cookout any good?

Comment

I got my first deer off my new to me ranch yesterday morning! It’s called Kicking Rock Ranch. It’s only 122ac, but it’s mine!!!

It’s just a doe, but I could not be happier!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats on the new ranch and first kill! That's one you'll always remember, even if it was a doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                      All the Pence clan (Kelly and the boys) will probably go to Roosevelt for lunch on Sat. Hope to see some of y'all there or we might even venture into Sonora ..Is the Rafter W cookout any good?
                      I wish I was gonna be there this weekend, Eric. I'd join you for lunch.

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I got my first deer off my new to me ranch yesterday morning! It’s called Kicking Rock Ranch. It’s only 122ac, but it’s mine!!!

Bisch

Congrats, Bisch! There is no "it's just a doe" in bowhunting for whitetail. A mature whitetail doe is probably the hardest critter to kill with a bow that there is.

Comment

I’ve got 7-9 days to hunt our place west of Sonora, when the best week??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did everyone do today?

I saw quite of a few young bucks with good horns just nothing mature. My dad shot the target buck we were after this morning.

We have been seeing this deer at different locations and my old man drew the lucky card this morning and got him. Pictures don’t do him justice.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Congrats Bisch! Plenty of Javalina this year at our place. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                                I’ve got 7-9 days to hunt our place west of Sonora, when the best week??

From what I've been told, late November-on is best for the rut.

Comment

Working...
                                X