No announcement yet.

Deleted Diesels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traded my 09 duramax with exhaust and tune in 15. I didnt mention it and they didnt say anything. Truck sold on their lot a month later. Ive seen it on the road since and didnt get close enough to hear if it was the same

Comment

I had two dealerships tell me they would have to wholesale and that I wouldn’t like the price.

I have a 2010 Duramax for sale in the classifieds if anyone is looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They'll most likely wholesale it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
          I had two dealerships tell me they would have to wholesale and that I wouldn’t like the price.

I have a 2010 Duramax for sale in the classifieds if anyone is looking.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          They'll most likely wholesale it anyway.
          That's what we did. Won't speak for other places but it's not worth the few k difference between wholesale/retail (after recon) to deal with it.
          Last edited by TexMax; 02-05-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

a dealership by law CAN buy a truck with deleted emissions, but by law CANNOT sell it. That being said a dealer will offer you next to nothing for your truck. The dealer in order to sell it to a customer would have to replace all the missing components.

Comment

if you have your old parts. return to stock then trade in

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                a dealership by law CAN buy a truck with deleted emissions, but by law CANNOT sell it. That being said a dealer will offer you next to nothing for your truck. The dealer in order to sell it to a customer would have to replace all the missing components.
                That depends on what the truck is. 04 cummins with 200k it's pretty much not gonna make a difference. On the op's truck i'd expect about 2k less

Comment

the dpfe filter alone on a ford diesel is dang near 2k

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                    That depends on what the truck is. 04 cummins with 200k it's pretty much not gonna make a difference. On the op's truck i'd expect about 2k less
                    There is nothing to delete on a 04 Cummins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      There is nothing to delete on a 04 Cummins.
                      They don't have cat's?

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                        the dpfe filter alone on a ford diesel is dang near 2k
                        They're not going to replace it. It'll get sent to auction.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                          They don't have cat's?
                          Yes and no. The 04 did not, but the 04.5 and up did.
                          However, I wouldn’t really call removing a cat “deleted”.

Comment

I know this is off topic, but Im curious as to the guys that have this done.

1. How do you get your trucks inspected?

2. If you do this before the powertrain warranty expires, how do you not void the warranty?

I drive a gasser, so I was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                              I know this is off topic, but Im curious as to the guys that have this done.

1. How do you get your trucks inspected?

2. If you do this before the powertrain warranty expires, how do you not void the warranty?

I drive a gasser, so I was just curious.

They are only required to have a muffler as part of the safety inspection. There are no emissions testing on diesels in Texas. And it voids the warranty but people like to gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                                They are only required to have a muffler as part of the safety inspection. There are no emissions testing on diesels in Texas. And it voids the warranty but people like to gamble.

That’s technically incorrect. Federal law says you can not remove or alter emissions equipment on any motor vehicle.

They’re cracking down in emissions counties these days. I talked to the local company that does most of the inspections, and he says if he can tell you’re deleted when you pull up, he will just advise you to go somewhere else.

Keep it modest and he won’t look.

Comment

Working...
                                X