Need Mesquite logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Mesquite logs

I've decided to build a pair of Spectator Chairs to put in our game room and I want to do them out of Mesquite. I've got 17 acres but it's virtually all oak, and Mesquite too small for my application. Ideally, I'd like 4 - 5 large (12"+) diameter trunks @ 5' long or better, that have been cut for a few years. I'm willing to cut them down myself if I must, and/or pay for cut logs if necessary. Would be nice if they were reasonably close to the Weatherford/Springtown/Decatur area(s), but I'm willing to road trip for the right material. Thanks, guys.

Wow that sounds cool. That would be much larger than any of our mesquite trees though. Bump for ya.

Comment

Would already milled work for you? Such as 2x2, 3x3, 1x...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mt2078 View Post
        Would already milled work for you? Such as 2x2, 3x3, 1x...etc.
        It would, but I've got the equipment to mill it and had planned to so I could save the $$ and spec everything myself.

Comment

I see, my brother has a sawmill, I'll ask him if he has any logs or milled wood not spoken for.

Comment

Originally posted by mt2078 View Post
            I see, my brother has a sawmill, I'll ask him if he has any logs or milled wood not spoken for.
            Thanks

Comment

I cut firewood on the side and we have lots of mesquite I have put the hurt to some of our big logs but I will keep my open.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                I cut firewood on the side and we have lots of mesquite I have put the hurt to some of our big logs but I will keep my open.
                Where are y'all cutting?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Would you be willing to mill some mesquite for me and I would split what was milled with you 50/50. ??

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                      Would you be willing to mill some mesquite for me and I would split what was milled with you 50/50. ??
                      I've only got a small chainsaw mill to do the initial cuts on the logs and I'm not exactly sure how it'll perform, but I can could yours while I'm cutting mine.

EDIT: Just saw where you're from. I wouldn't be able to do enough for you to make the 600 mile round trip drive worth while for either of us.
                      Last edited by cj7zrcool; 12-07-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                        I've only got a small chainsaw mill to do the initial cuts on the logs and I'm not exactly sure how it'll perform, but I can could yours while I'm cutting mine.

EDIT: Just saw where you're from. I wouldn't be able to do enough for you to make the 600 mile round trip drive worth while for either of us.
                        Just a FYI cured/seasoned mesquito it is hard on one of those chain saw mills, wood is so hard kills your blades really quick if you have an adjustable oiler that you can open up to cool the blade a little more it will help. Green mesquite is a different story you can get quite a bit of cutting out of a chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                          Just a FYI cured/seasoned mesquito it is hard on one of those chain saw mills, wood is so hard kills your blades really quick if you have an adjustable oiler that you can open up to cool the blade a little more it will help. Green mesquite is a different story you can get quite a bit of cutting out of a chain.
                          Thanks. I just bought an older Delta bandsaw that I'm going to repair and try to use to do the slabbing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                            Where are y'all cutting?
                            I am in Medina County about 40 miles west of SA.

Comment

Dang, I'm 35 miles NW of Fort Worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X