My 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    No hunting this weekend. Decided the heat and the moon and the acorns could have it. I will shoot though. A lot.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    I should have sat this one out too!! I saw a few deer on the road to camp on the way in, but nothing from my blind after shooting light but birds. I went back to my pop up even though I didn't plan to, because there's a ton of sign in there. Apparently it's happening at night though. I'll be in a tree this afternoon, and then this will be the last hunt of my vacation. The spot I'm going to hunt this evening I haven't hunted at all since last year, so it's fresh. I've gotta do some stuff at the house tomorrow if I wanna stay married!!

Comment

Marriage is over rated. [emoji6]

Comment

Go gettem Ryan! I've been seeing more movement in the eve, even though temperature wise, it's a more uncomfortable sit. And I haven't seen the late morn/midday movement you sometimes have when the moon full and bright like it is right now. Later in the year (as in cooler temps), yeah... But right now they are moving, where I'm at at least, in relation to the most comfortable temps. As in early and late... And nighttime I'm sure! Not rocket science I know, but that's what I'm seeing. Maybe this front Tuesday will stir em a bit. One more thing, I'd be a little leery taking marital advice from DRT, ain't sure he's licensed... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I never take time off on the full moon unless the rut is on. It's just tough. Now if the barometer is up, the weather is cold or the rut is on you may have some luck but in the warmer weather of early season nah.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
            Go gettem Ryan! I've been seeing more movement in the eve, even though temperature wise, it's a more uncomfortable sit. And I haven't seen the late morn/midday movement you sometimes have when the moon full and bright like it is right now. Later in the year (as in cooler temps), yeah... But right now they are moving, where I'm at at least, in relation to the most comfortable temps. As in early and late... And nighttime I'm sure! Not rocket science I know, but that's what I'm seeing. Maybe this front Tuesday will stir em a bit. One more thing, I'd be a little leery taking marital advice from DRT, ain't sure he's licensed... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Yeah it's licensed or she would have kicked me to the curb years ago. Not that I could have blamed her. [emoji23]

That said I'm blessed in that she supports my hunting habit. She knows money is spent not only on enjoyment and passion but provides healthy food for the family and isn't spent on bars and other less "healthy" places than the woods.

Comment

This evening I hunted a ladder stand in the woods about 150 yards from the feeder near my box blind. The feeder threw at 7, and a few minutes later I had a group of pigs come through headed to the feeder. A couple were in range, but they weren't slowing down. I sat until dark, then slipped out to look at the feeder, but they were already gone. This is probably gonna be it for me for the next week or so...and I'm tired. Hunting is hard work!!

Comment

Yes it can be. Mornings are early for a lazy man like me.

Comment

Well I had been drawn for a TPWD hunt at Fort Boggy State Park that was supposed to start next Monday. I got an email today that it had been cancelled due to a clerical error and that they had drawn too many hunters. They're refunding my money and giving me an extra preference point...but since I had already taken the days off from work I went ahead and booked at First Point. So I'll be headed down there Sunday, and I'll hunt Monday evening, all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning. It'll be a short hunt but I've had great luck there in the past. So I'm stoked!! Some big deer get killed there every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by CRM_95; 10-09-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Good luck Ryan!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good Luck to you. A meeting got cancelled so I am at it in the morning as well.

Comment

Pick a spot.

Comment

Well I did something I said I wasn't gonna do. I have 3 cameras out and running now, so I'll pull the cards when I get back from South Texas and see exactly what I have going on here. I'm watching the weather right now, it's looking like a front is coming through Sunday and it should cool off a little for my trip to First Point. I'm just making a short trip so I'm not messing with pulling a trailer. If it doesn't look like much rain is coming I'm just gonna hunt using my truck and take the tripod Rusty built me. If it's gonna be wet, I'm gonna haul the 4 wheeler so won't have room in the truck for the tripod and I'll hunt out of a brush blind. We'll just see how it goes. Either way it's gonna be a fun hunt!!

Comment

Can't wait to follow that hunt!

Comment

Good luck Ryan! I put out 15 Cameras last hitch off. Going to take me a week to get to all of them but I hope I have some good intel

Comment

Good luck! Do you have any pictures of your tripod?

Comment

Working...
                                X