Whats your Opinion on Kimber Long Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    It is a well known fact HCR is a joke. I can get a new barrel $350 lilja, installed for $200-250. West Texas ordnance and several others. I've had more than a few built.... HCR polishes a ****. And charges a fortune for it. A simple bedding a trigger job goes a long way on a lot of factory guns. That's essentially all they are doing. For 2-3X the price. But but but their rifle made a hit at 3200 yards!! After the guy literally shot at it all day with dozens of rounds haha. HCR is just an overpriced tuning shop.
    Yes you have made some other outrageous claims on here as well. Especially with optics

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Yes you have made some other outrageous claims on here as well. Especially with optics
      Give me an example. I'll give a long list of folks who agrees HCR is a joke. Let me guess. You have a vortex viper on it too?

Comment

I pm'd you my contact info. Have no problem talking straight up or face to face.
        I dont get in to hiding behind a computer screen.

I own a Vortex 2-7x on a cheap Ruger 22 mag, it rides on my Mule. Everything else is Zeiss, Nightforce and one Burris Veracity.

Comment

Obviously you should compare apples to apples. Also consider the accuracy guarantee from HRC.
          Obviously you can't read, Horizons guarantee is better than HCR .5 MOA is better than 3/4 MOA. As far as apples to apples please explain then. The cost of a custom barrel, from any of the Big names are just about the same. Unless you go carbon fiber.

Comment

Kimber hs my most accurate rifle ever!!

Comment

I pm'd you my contact info. Have no problem talking straight up or face to face.
              I dont get in to hiding behind a computer screen.

I own a Vortex 2-7x on a cheap Ruger 22 mag, it rides on my Mule. Everything else is Zeiss, Nightforce and one Burris Veracity.
              Lmmfao.

Comment

I have had one Kimber 7mm-08 and although it was the prettiest and most handy gun that I have owned, I could not get it to shoot like I wanted. I ended up selling it.

That being said, I may get another one in the future, and try it again, now that I have started to handload. I wonder if I just gave up on it too quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                  Obviously you can't read, Horizons guarantee is better than HCR .5 MOA is better than 3/4 MOA. As far as apples to apples please explain then. The cost of a custom barrel, from any of the Big names are just about the same. Unless you go carbon fiber.
                  No sir, I am talking about the 695.00 accuracy package that HRC offers. Not a re barrel. If its a the rebarrel package HRC offers, its 1595.00. Horizon does not offer the same packages that HRC does. If you were to add in pillar bedding, action truing, free floating, barrel break in and scope mounting to Horizon's re barrel price it gets expensive too.
                  For the 695.00 HRC charges its really not that bad. A trigger job and pillar bedding at most shops is 250-300.
                  I bought a 700 BDL for 400 from one of my customers, had HRC do there 695.00 deal and was very pleased. The rifle was a gift for one of my hands.

Comment

No sir, I am talking about the 695.00 accuracy package that HRC offers. Not a re barrel. If its a the rebarrel package HRC offers, its 1595.00. Horizon does not offer the same packages that HRC does. If you were to add in pillar bedding, action truing, free floating, barrel break in and scope mounting to Horizon's re barrel price it gets expensive too.
                    For the 695.00 HRC charges its really not that bad. A trigger job and pillar bedding at most shops is 250-300.
                    I bought a 700 BDL for 400 from one of my customers, had HRC do there 695.00 deal and was very pleased. The rifle was a gift for one of my hands.
                    Everything you just mentioned is included, plus cerakote for $895.00. That's what I paid for my last two Rifles. This is what I'm currently paying on the current build with them. It's there rebarrel package, and they do everything that you mentioned above. And they have never charged me to mount a scope or trigger adjustment. Best of luck to you.

Comment

This is more entertaining than I thought it would be

Comment

For $695...I would buy another used sendero before getting a factory gun spit polished. I see a new tube in my future when I see those figures.

One thing I have learned from the bench guys is that most barrels are dialed into specific amount of capable accuracy...you can accurize all you want, but you cannot make a 1moa bbl shoot consistent 1/2" if 1moa is all it can do.

...and, if a factory tube is capable of shooting 1/2", it does not take $695 for that to happen.

Comment

This Kimber thread got derailed.

Someone please start another thread................Something like "What's your Opinion on Hill Country Rifles Accurizing Package"?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            This Kimber thread got derailed.

Someone please start another thread................Something like "What's your Opinion on Hill Country Rifles Accurizing Package"?
                            I'm sending my Kimber to HCR

Comment

Threads like this add people to my ignore list. I love the ignore list.

LWD

Comment

Thing is...it's all been covered on Kimber. If I had one that didn't shoot, I wouldn't send it anywhere for 5-7 bones & hope it improves with tinkering with the same tube. You are talking around 1/2 the value. Better to sell it & start over.

Still, if I was thinking a new gun in that realm & couldn't find an oregon made Kimber...I would go Cooper, but that's just me.

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                I'm sending my Kimber to HCR

Comment

Working...
                                X