No announcement yet.

Iowa Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceilings finished, ceiling beams finished, barn wood installed. My deer butchering, fish cleaning shop sink is installed and operating. We picked up the floor protection and are ready to stain the concrete floors. HVAC contractor installed the supply and return grills today.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

The deer seem to like my trash burn pit. Everytime I burn construction trash I find fresh tracks around the burn pile.

Comment

Winning!

Comment

When is the first asa shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
            When is the first asa shoot
            May 4-5. Wappelo Chiefs Bowmen Archery Club.

June 1-2 Flint River Archery Club

June 15-16 Davenport Valley Archers

July 13-14 State Championship at Pioneer Ridge Nature Center hosted by Mike & Tracy

Comment

Looking incredible.

Mike are you able to do any spring turkey hunting? Also, are you allowed by state restriction to supplement feed deer during the worst of your offseason? I am sure with all the grain you have around you it might be non-productive, just curious?

Rwc

Comment

Yes. I will get to turkey hunt. I am now legal to buy a hunting license. Our season opens next Monday. Not sure how much I will hunt with the work going on the house, but I will hunt some. Yes you can feed you just can hunt over it. I have been throwing some hand corn every evening. The deer are on it every night and early morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Yes. I will get to turkey hunt. I am now legal to buy a hunting license. Our season opens next Monday. Not sure how much I will hunt with the work going on the house, but I will hunt some. Yes you can feed you just can hunt over it. I have been throwing some hand corn every evening. The deer are on it every night and early morning.

Great news and looking forward to some successful future reports............

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    The deer seem to like my trash burn pit. Everytime I burn construction trash I find fresh tracks around the burn pile.
                    They're just trying to warm up.

Beautiful place and great progress!

Comment

You might be right !!

Comment

We have not had much time to look for sheds. I took a little walk this morning and found these two about 20 feet apart. I was all excited that I had found a matched pair. I carried them around a few minutes before I realized it was two different deer. Both sheds are off the same side. I think the two bucks hooked horns and knocked one off of each one. That means the other side of both are still out there somewhere. I need to get back out there and find those and some more. We also got the 2nd coat of polyurathane sealer on our stained concrete today. We can't walk on it for 24 to 72 hours. It won't fully cure for 7 days.

Comment

Concrete looks great~!

Comment

Very cool. Coming right along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Floors turned out great, and those horns are massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                Floors turned out great, and those horns are massive.
                                I will be glad when we can walk on them. We are going to to give them plenty of curing time.

We are going she'd hunting this weekend. I have found most of the sheds within sight of the house. We are going to cover some new ground this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X