Bulk fertilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk fertilizer

I am planning on a food plot this year and was curious of the involved cost. Can you tell me the approximate cost of a ton of lime and also the price on a ton of fertilizer?

Go to the local feed store and buy it and use their buggy to despense. I think last fall we put out 2500lbs of fertilizer and it was around $400-500. No pissanting 50lb bags either

Comment

Ok, Thanks, just trying to get a idea of the cost. I will definitely get the pull behind instead of tossing bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakehunter View Post
        Ok, Thanks, just trying to get a idea of the cost. I will definitely get the pull behind instead of tossing bags.
        What's the soil pH?

Comment

I sent the soil test back to whitetail institute today. The farmer said that the soil would need little lime if any because of the neutral ph levels.

Comment

The soil is the very heavy black clay that holds moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakehunter View Post
              The farmer said that the soil would need little lime if any because of the neutral ph levels.

That's what I would expect in your area, so you shouldn't worry about lime.

Comment

For lime a different type of spreader is used than for fertilizer. I have been thinking of liquid fertilizer this year, anyone use it?

Comment

I put out around 5 tons of lime about 4 years ago. I think it cost me about $375. The dealer spread it in a truck that had a conveyer belt feeder. It was nice not having to handle all those 50# bags. I hunt in the Jasper area. Check with your commercial fertilizer dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
                    That's what I would expect in your area, so you shouldn't worry about lime.
                    I don't expect to need much lime if any at all.

In your experience what did the fertilizer cost per ton?

Comment

Working...
                    X