No announcement yet.

2017 Trad Shoot Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Bisch says is very true! When you are new to the trad game is is natural to be a bit intimidated at the thought of shooting in a 3D tournament. You have visions of all these experts scoring 10s while you embarrass yourself by flinging arrows all over the woods. I felt the same way when I entered my first and for a good reason - I wasn't very good and had not practiced much beyond 10-12 yards. As it turned out I did in fact fling arrows all over the woods. I missed a lot and lost a couple of arrows but everyone was so welcoming and friendly I had an absolute blast - I even surprised myself by making a few great shots well beyond my comfortable range. It is very unlikely you will come in dead last, but if you do -so what?

Comment

2017 Trad Shoot Schedule

Don't worry about distances! It's a blast! Everyone is in a different place on their trad journey. Some guys will kick butt with unbelievable scores, other guys won't hit half the targets. In does not matter! The fun and friendships are what make it so great!

As you see, I did not answer your question. There will be a few you won't like, but most will be just fine!!!

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 01-08-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        What Bisch says is very true! When you are new to the trad game is is natural to be a bit intimidated at the thought of shooting in a 3D tournament. You have visions of all these experts scoring 10s while you embarrass yourself by flinging arrows all over the woods. I felt the same way when I entered my first and for a good reason - I wasn't very good and had not practiced much beyond 10-12 yards. As it turned out I did in fact fling arrows all over the woods. I missed a lot and lost a couple of arrows but everyone was so welcoming and friendly I had an absolute blast - I even surprised myself by making a few great shots well beyond my comfortable range. It is very unlikely you will come in dead last, but if you do -so what?
        I'll admit these thoughts have all crossed my mind!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Don't worry about distances! It's a blast! Everyone is in a different place on their trad journey. Some guys will kick butt with unbelievable scores, other guys won't hit half the targets. In does not matter! The fun and friendships are what make it so great!

As you see, I did not answer your question. There will be a few you won't like, but most will be just fine!!!

Bisch
          Ok you talked me into it!!

Comment

You see I can't help but disagree. I won't compete if I can't at least show respectively. It's like being bad at golf. No one wants to be behind the sorry foursome who is out there "for fun".

All it does is make me more frustrated with my lack of ability. And with how much I spent in lost arrows.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              You see I can't help but disagree. I won't compete if I can't at least show respectively. It's like being bad at golf. No one wants to be behind the sorry foursome who is out there "for fun".

All it does is make me more frustrated with my lack of ability. And with how much I spent in lost arrows.

Gary
              To a point, I agree with you, as I am a very competitive person. On the other hand though, you can't expect to win at something that you just started at! You have to work from where you are to get to where you want to be!

Bisch

Comment

I've lost my will to compete. Competition brings out the best, and worst, in people. I will go to a couple of shoots but just as an observer.

Gary

Comment

I've lost my will to compete. Competition brings out the best, and worst, in people. I will go to a couple of shoots but just as an observer.

Gary
                  Well, you may not have noticed that you already won something in archery this week -- the Traditional First Shot Challenge for Week 1 !!

Your call for Week 2!

Comment

That's to push myself. I shot 3D many moons ago. Shot rifle and pistol competition, tournament bass fished. Now all I compete for is the last piece of deer steak.

Gary

Comment

I just wanna hunt. Be good at it. Be deadly at it.

Gary

Comment

That's to push myself. I shot 3D many moons ago. Shot rifle and pistol competition, tournament bass fished. Now all I compete for is the last piece of deer steak.

Gary
                        Well, you don't have to compete to shoot with friends at a 3D shoot. I know guys who throw their scorecards away before starting, and I know guys who keep their score but don't turn in their cards because they are not there to compete with anyone else. Like in every crowd, there are a few duschbags, but if you shot competitive with a wheel bow, you will find that trad 3D is,for the most part, a whole different game.

Bisch

Comment

I have a bass boat for sale . . . [emoji1]

Gary

Comment

I have a bass boat for sale . . . [emoji1]

Gary
                            Ha! I got no use for that! But I love my little bowfishing rig!!!

Bisch

Comment

There is a guy on here... we'll call him Burt.

Burt went to a 3D shoot 1 week after getting his first trad bow. He drove 2 hours each way to get there. Burt didn't have arrows. Paul, whom he had never met, brought him some. Burt is usually pretty good at stuff; Burt sucked at shooting a trad bow. Burt missed alot of targets. What Burt didn't miss was losing out on alot of fun and meeting lots of super nice people. Burt learned alot at that shoot, most important was to relax and realize trad archers are a special breed of archers and a tight knit community that is diverse and very welcoming.

Be like Burt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I'm going back to a small aluminum boat. Fish for food and fun again. They way I started as a kid.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X