Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Here Not Hunting Over Feeders on Their Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Here Not Hunting Over Feeders on Their Lease?

I'm just curious! You weren't allowed to bait for game where I come from. It seems pretty standard practice here, but it's such a foreign concept to me.

I guess until I get some private I don't have to worry about figuring it out anyways. At least I think you aren't allowed to throw corn for deer on most of the Corp land around here?

I don't hunt over a feeder in East Texas. In west Texas I have them spinning as much corn as I possibly can. Lol

Comment

where I come from you had to learn the habitat and patterns of deer...not so much in TX where you can bait them in, unless you hunt public land - which is a thrilling challenge.

Comment

I use corn, but I don't sit on feeders much. If I want or need to just kill a doe I sit in a box blind and watch a feeder. If I'm trying to kill a buck I get off the road and feeders and hunt trails. I usually keep a little hand corn out at those spots too though. Bucks don't hit the feeders much where I hunt once deer season starts and if they do it's at night.

Comment

I quit hunting east Texas deer over feeders 10+ years ago. Best thing I've ever done. I actually hate hunting them anywhere now. Nothing to do with easier or fair, I just hate that the success of my hunt is 100% dependent on that electronic piece of &@$* to work.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            I use corn, but I don't sit on feeders much. If I want or need to just kill a doe I sit in a box blind and watch a feeder. If I'm trying to kill a buck I get off the road and feeders and hunt trails. I usually keep a little hand corn out at those spots too though. Bucks don't hit the feeders much where I hunt once deer season starts and if they do it's at night.
            This.

Comment

Been trying to wean myself off of them . On our place they are magic once it gets really cold. Also best way to smack the piggies.

Comment

Not once in my life.

Comment

I have not used a feeder in 8-9 years. To much trouble to find time to drive 1.5 hours to the lease to fill 'em. I do how ever toss some corn out when i hunt. After bow hunting since 1986 i have shot my best bucks in the last 6 years from 5-15 yds

Comment

We did a little bit in west Texas, but I preferred to drive/walk and glass. Back home I hunt big crop fields so there's no point in hunting over a feeder. I actually think the older/ bigger bucks tend to shy away from the feeders.

Comment

South Tx I hunt over feeders. My place in East Texas I just pile corn.

Comment

I have not since I started hunting in Kansas

Comment

This year will be the first we have hunt over one in E Texas since 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have feeders at my wife's stand and a couple other stands, but I usually try to find a hot trail or scrape line to put a climber.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I walk when rifle hunting, when bowhunting, I sit on the ground near high traffic areas. Never have baited deer, I also have a huge place to hunt. On small acreages Im sure you need to bait.

Comment

Working...
                              X