Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guadalupe river floatable this weekend????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that is rough!!! gotta have some good insurance..Bergheim campgrounds and Guadalupe Canoe Livery are both floatable

Comment

I just came from Lake Placid (Guadalupe River) in Seguin--at the I-10 bridge, and it is up in lakeside homes' yards, and boathouses aren't far from floating away. Wish y'all would keep some of the water upstream.

Comment

You can float from Bergheim to the State park (8 river miles) but that might take a loooong time on a tube with the river where it is now. Or you can float from the park to Specht's crossing which is about 5 river miles. Here's another great source for river info:

Southwest Paddler is an outdoor recreation guide to canoeing, kayaking, rafting, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, fishing and photographic opportunities on or near the rivers of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Utah, with information and links to canoe and raft liveries and rentals, campgrounds, shuttle services and other businesses catering to the outdoor recreation industry.

Comment

Rockin R!

Comment

Dude! Not Rockin' R!!!!!

Comment

well they wont be open anytime soon!!!! I am hoping and praying the river subsides in the next 48 hours so we can float the lower section friday afternoon...But not looking good

Comment

I wonder if Bubba's Big Deck stood up to the challenge...

Comment

Did they have high winds or tornadoes down there today? wow.. heard about the rain, but not the destruction... please tell us more...

Comment

This by "Bubbas Big Decks" bar! I don't recommend throwing out your tube here.

Comment

check these guys out...

http://guadalupecanoelivery.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                        check these guys out...

http://guadalupecanoelivery.com/
                        That's a great place.

Comment

Bubbas is still there but his big DECK is gone

Look at Whitewater Rocks . com. Its at the horseshoe in Satler. They just posted on FB that they are already Tubing there again. The water will be back to normal in a day. It just came way to fast last night. It started at midnight and rained over 5 in an hour till almost 6 this am. Water flow on the river in sattler is under 300 gfs and in sequin its over 15000 cfs last time I checked. I was worried I was going to get a call to go help with the search and rescue but it went down as fast as it came up.

Please send up a prayer for all involved, I have been informed that there were people lost in this flood!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HandiKap Bowhunter View Post

Look at Whitewater Rocks . com. Its at the horseshoe in Satler. They just posted on FB that they are already Tubing there again. The water will be back to normal in a day. It just came way to fast last night. It started at midnight and rained over 5 in an hour till almost 6 this am. Water flow on the river in sattler is under 300 gfs and in sequin its over 15000 cfs last time I checked. I was worried I was going to get a call to go help with the search and rescue but it went down as fast as it came up.

Please send up a prayer for all involved, I have been informed that there were people lost in this flood!!!
                            THat place looks like its right in the middle of NB. I called them with no answer.

Comment

The pictures im getting are crazy. prayers to all involved. I live on the east side of town and at 630am i did not see any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by HandiKap Bowhunter View Post
                                Darn. My wife and her girl friends really liked sitting on Bubba's Big Deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X