2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yea, we'll be fishin' the Chandeleur's Memorial Day and the two following days... If weather holds like this, it's gonna be epic!! I got me a whole sack full of super secret new baits to fool 'em with!!
    I called captain Bobby tonight and spoke to him about my trip next month. He was saying they are doing very well on the clear colors baits right now. the matrix shad midnight mullet he said has been on fire. I can't wait to go

Comment

Friend fished surfside for a couple hours this evening. He picked 3 trout on plastics. Said real slow bite. One guy that had been there longer had 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        I called captain Bobby tonight and spoke to him about my trip next month. He was saying they are doing very well on the clear colors baits right now. the matrix shad midnight mullet he said has been on fire. I can't wait to go
        Yea, I'd heard that too... Sure hope this weather holds for us... If it does, we should nuke 'em again. Can't imagine a better trip than we had last year, but I'll sure give it a try!

Comment

Hey guys, I am about to be off for summer. Wanting to take some more trips down to surfside and galveston. Any of y'all have a dock or something I could hang a hammock on occasionally?

Just not quite sure how I feel about camping on the beach solo in the summer. I'll bring drinks and cook some cajun food.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            Buddy of mine just pulled on the beach at Surfside. He's non responsive now so must be in the water already. I'll report back if he has any luck on his afternoon trip.

He did send me this pic before he went radio silent.
            My buddy called last night, said they fished from 2pm to 6pm and caught 1 trout between 2 guys. They threw everything in the box (spoons, plastics, topwaters) and the one fish came on DOA under a popping cork.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
              My buddy called last night, said they fished from 2pm to 6pm and caught 1 trout between 2 guys. They threw everything in the box (spoons, plastics, topwaters) and the one fish came on DOA under a popping cork.
              That's tough. I'm not sure why but it's been a struggle in the surf. For whatever reason, it's just not ready yet.

Comment

Ulm is dead but quite a show at bluff landing this morning. I fell off the boat at the dock.

Comment

I hate it when that happens!

Comment

Everything wet but my hearing aids.

Comment

Boat ramps ain't no joke. I backed the truck up at Nueces while my wife pulled the boat on the trailer. I got off to winch it up and as I stepped on the moss right at the drop off I slipped. It felt like a cartoon skit where you see both your feet come up over your head. And flat on my back I went.

Luckily the water was about 8" deep where I landed and kinda cushioned the blow. Still couldn't walk straight for a couple days. Luckily no one saw. Not even my wife. She never new what happened, as soon as she got the boat in position she turned to gather her crap and missed the etire ordeal.
                      Last edited by Muddy Bud; 05-17-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Ulm is dead but quite a show at bluff landing this morning. I fell off the boat at the dock.
                        Dang it man... seen that a few times

Comment

On my way to Port Aransas right now. Anyone having luck lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't read surf charts or do not understand them. How does Surf Side look Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              I can't read surf charts or do not understand them. How does Surf Side look Saturday?
                              Swellinfo.com says 3.5 footers at 6 second intervals and 14 mph winds from e-sse.

Pass. Today's wind would have torn it up anyway

Comment

Went out a few weeks ago when weather was awesome. Loads of bft and at least 2 big breaks offs on tops(prob yellows). Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24539596Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0043.jpeg
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24539597Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0007.jpeg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24539598Click image for larger version