Talk me out of selling my Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Sell it and get what you want. If there's no sentimental value in it it's just another tool in the box.
    This is my theory as well. I've never sold a gun that meant something to me whether it be inherited or a gift. I've bought guns I wanted, but when I got and shot them, I hated shooting them. They found themselves new homes pretty quickly.

I sold a browning A-bolt synthetic 300 wsm and bought a savage 16 300 wsm. you couldn't pry my savage away from my cold dead fingers. So glad i sold the a-bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
      They do use the same mags
      You’re right. Not sure what I was thinking of lol

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
        Ok nobody's addressing the elephant in the room so I will.
        Is it easier to make a 300 yard shot quickly with a gun that drops fast like the 6.8 or the very flat creed.
        Best deer I've shot came from a quick 400 yard shot in Durango Colorado
        The creed is not very flat. At all. One reason I sold mine. I couldn’t get used to the much lower velocity compared to my 6.5x284 I had

Comment

Not sure I could ever in good conscience talk someone out of selling a Savage

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            I'm not even sure how you ended up forking over $$$ for such an ugly gun in the first place...who brags about owning a Savage??

Sell it...THAT is not a gun that causes sellers remorse!!
            Actually the rifles are very accurate. Savage is known for their straight match grade barrels with a target crown, and perfect head spacing. They're shooters.
            Last edited by Thumper; 05-17-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

That's a great caliber and a great rifle. Hold onto it and save your money to buy more 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. Fear the man who hunts with just one rifle...chances are he knows how to use it....
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

All the haters of savage rifles I’ll put money on them they all shoot better out of the box than a good percentage of custom rifles!

Comment

I would sell it, not worth more than 100 bucks. I will take it.

Comment

If it shoots good and it fits good, then it doesn't make a **** what it looks like....

Comment

Working...
                    X