Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
    You are just north of one of the best crappie lakes in Texas (Palestine)...or at

Least that is what everyone says. I have only been once this year but I may get the chance to change that Friday! Wooohoo!

Palestine sucks!! No crappie there! Move along folks! Nothing to see here!!!![emoji12]

It ain't right yet but it's getting there. Last year this time you could have 50 on 8-10 piles. Having to fish 20-30 to do that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      You are just north of one of the best crappie lakes in Texas (Palestine)...or at
      Least that is what everyone says. I have only been once this year but I may get the chance to change that Friday! Wooohoo!
      Guess I am going to have to invest in a good pair of binocs and a stealth boat to slip in behind you and slew when you pull out in the mornings to learn where and how it’s done!

Comment

McLain you don’t want to follow me I am not good at catching those little black and white fish! I am trying to learn them but it has been a very, very slow process. Bass fishing I feel like I can do most of the time but crappies are tough for me! That is part of why I keep coming back to this thread and read TFF nightly to try to learn as much as I can.

Comment

I could use all the help I can get on bass as well! Done very little fishing the last 30 years (except for the ocassional redfish/spec trip). Been stuck in waters less than 16-inches deep with nothing but little crustaceans - lol!

Comment

Crushed on lake waco this morning. All keepers over 12" one 14".

Tiny rattle trap over a ledge that dropped off to a creek bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work everbody!

Comment

Today was whack em and stack em. Limit before noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Now the fun part!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be right over Flex!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                      Today was whack em and stack em. Limit before noon.

Ive spent probably 10 hours over the last couple days.. tried every color/tail/weight combo i can think of.. i even had my 4 year old pick her favorite color combo, just to think outside the box. tried hagerman, brushy creek, spring creek on ray bob, ray bob marina, slips. tried minnows, tried jigs, tried small cranks, tried rooster tails, nothing. nada. zilch. this is not my year.

NOT. A. SINGLE. BITE.

Comment

Well don’t feel bad. I had to drive two hours to Cedar Creek and then call my Guide buddy once I was on the lake because I couldn’t remember my spots. Lost all my waypoints when i went to Humminbird. I feel like with crappie it’s more location than color of bait. Anything in chartreuse and white/black/blue will usually get em. Just so happens today they were on brush in 10-15ft. Just cleaned em. Tired and need whiskey.

Comment

Last week I fished two evenings for 1-1/2 hours each and caught 30 crappie out of my pond. I gave them to a biologist.....they weighed between 40 & 45#'s.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                            Well don’t feel bad. I had to drive two hours to Cedar Creek and then call my Guide buddy once I was on the lake because I couldn’t remember my spots. Lost all my waypoints when i went to Humminbird. I feel like with crappie it’s more location than color of bait. Anything in chartreuse and white/black/blue will usually get em. Just so happens today they were on brush in 10-15ft. Just cleaned em. Tired and need whiskey.

Did you drink Chris's beer while he cleaned em!!![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Did you drink Chris's beer while he cleaned em!!![emoji23]

Lol. He was with a group or that’s what would have happened. He’s busy this time of year. Lucky enough to call him a friend. One of the best guys on the planet.

Comment

He had it so rough today!!! Poor sucker!! 🙄

Comment

Working...
                                X