Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of string for these limb tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of string for these limb tips?

AMF Falcon 62"

Im new to trad and need a sanity check and a new string.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Other side

Comment

I got this string from the archery shop. It took 5 times for them to get me the correct length string. I was distracted and didnt see the D97...I had ordered a B55 or B50...whichever they could get in either flemish or endless.

It is a long story of the hokey pokey...and Im thinking its still not right.

If it is the wrong material...

Can I get somebody to build me a string, please? I will pay whatever is fair.

This is a buddys bow and I want to hook him up with a new string but would like to give someone in Texas my money.

Comment

String tips aren't re-enforced so I would assume Dacron is the safer choose for the bow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah just looking at the tips I don't think that bow is made for FF material. I'd get with Daniel and have him build you a string. I could be wrong but I think most bows made for FF strings have reinforced tips.

Comment

I would not use that material on that bow, you want Dacron. If I didn't just have surgery a week ago I would gladly build you a string. But it will be quite awhile before I can. http://www.3riversarchery.com/ is a great source for traditional archery gear.

Comment

Yes. B55 or B50.

Comment

If that is a 62" Wing Falcon you will need probably 58" to 58 1/2" string length (stretched).

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                  I would not use that material on that bow, you want Dacron. If I didn't just have surgery a week ago I would gladly build you a string. But it will be quite awhile before I can. http://www.3riversarchery.com/ is a great source for traditional archery gear.
                  God bless you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Thank yall for the assurance and info. I know I could get RMS Archery in Wheatridge, CO to whup me up one pretty quick. Ive done business with them and shot this happenstance across their bow and they said NO PROBLEM. I was trying to give a local business my money and support them but...repeated lack of attention to detail is going to cause me to go elsewheres.

I have no use for a D97 flemish twist string for a 62" AMO recurve. Ill give it to anyone for free.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                      If that is a 62" Wing Falcon you will need probably 58" to 58 1/2" string length (stretched).
                      It is a Wing Falcon and thats what I was figuring on string length too. Gracias Senor.

Comment

Briar, another option is Michael Harbison outta Louisiana. Quick return, excellent quality, and VERY fair price! As with most string makers, he can make you whatever you want, out of any material that you want. Just let him know what ya got, hes a good guy to deal with. Michael Harbison, Bayou Trad Archery. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I going to order another string from DanielB89. It's summer so mathe his turn around will be better. He builds a good string.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I going to order another string from DanielB89. It's summer so mathe his turn around will be better. He builds a good string.

It is down to about a week atm. That's if i'm in the shop and not on vacation that is.

If anyone ever needs one quickly, you just need to be sure you contact me and let me know. Now just put it on the order form. I don't look at those until I print the order.

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Rusty. Thanks DRT...Now I see who the "Daniel" is...I will be sending him a PM to do business.

Howdy Daniel!

Offer for a free 62" recurve D97 flemish twist still stands. Top dollar rate of Free.99!

Comment

Working...
                              X