Covert - No pics suddenly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of 5 cameras, 3 are not sending pics now. Each one stopped sending pics on a different date. All 3 are on solar panels (90-100% battery) and have 60%+ service.

In the past 3-4 weeks I have had cameras stop sending pics all of the sudden. From 20-25 pics a day to nothing. I can’t request pics either. One was before the app update, the other 2 are after the app up date.

The last time this happened on a camera, I was at the property. I removed the SIM card and replaced. The camera worked for a couple of weeks. Then all of the sudden, nothing.

Anyone else having any similar issues? I have e-mailed covert twice about another issue with no response. I guess I will be making a phone call soon.

That sucks.
    I’m leaning towards firmware updates for all 3 if I had to guess

Comment

Yes. Mine stopped about a week ago. I’ll have to go get it before I call covert as they require me to have it in front of me to diagnose it.

Comment

You've got too much "play" money.
        Just get your @$$ out there and hunt, like all the poor folks do!

Comment

Mine went from 30-40 at each feeding time to 6-10. Boy did they screw up a good thing.

Comment

Don’t email Covert... chat with them. Much quicker and faster.

Just a heads up for everybody. Your battery life and signal are not in real-time. They are updated with every new pic received. So your readings are whatever they were when your last pic was sent.

Not sure what your problem is specifically. I have had cameras not working before only to find out my signal fluctuated a lot. Like 60% down to zero due to my location. But they came back. Hopefully yours do too.

Right now they are working great. 100-120 pics each a day at my two deer lease cameras. Woke up to 38 pig pics this morning at my local pig place.
            Last edited by Smart; 08-28-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Yes, we have 6 code blacks and they all do exactly as you describe. At any given time, 2 of them aren’t working. There’s a reset you can do that usually gets them taking pics again. Sometimes it fixes the issue for good and sometimes it’ll just fix it for a couple weeks.

For the code blacks, you can reset the cam by 1. Format card 2. Go to upload settings, select yes.

If it requires a reset, just updating the firmware won’t fix it. In fact it might not let you update the firmware at all.

I will say their customer service is pretty good if you call them. But you have to have the camera in front of you. I just mailed one to them yesterday because I’ve had to call CS on it several times on it.
              Last edited by Sika; 08-28-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Mine did the same thing, 3 out of the 5 I have quit working. I think it has to do with signal. Something with the update changed, because I went from having 200 pics/day to 2. Covert sent me 2018 antennas for my 2019 cameras. The 2018’s are working fine for me, the 2019’s will be in my other hand at the exact location and won’t send a pic. I’m hoping there is a firmware update or something to help solve the issue.

Comment

Mine is working fine this morning.

Comment

I have three, one stopped sending pics over the weekend. All three have the recent firmware update and good batteries. All have good signal as well. Not sure what is going on.

Comment

When that happened to me, I discovered my SD card was full. And I thought I had been deleting the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        When that happened to me, I discovered my SD card was full. And I thought I had been deleting the pics.
                        Deleting pics via the app does not delete them from the SD card. The only thing you can do is changer your Overwrite setting to yes.

Comment

Do the firmware updates hit the cameras automatically, or is that something you have to do manually when you have the camera in front of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Do the firmware updates hit the cameras automatically, or is that something you have to do manually when you have the camera in front of you?
                            Manually on the camera

Comment

Mine did that last week. I went into the woods yesterday turned it off then back on and it is working fine now.

Comment

Working...
                              X