Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Wth does bumps have to do with kids baseball? This is now slowpitch softball.

An 11 year old is an 11 year Old

How sad and ultra competitive this stuff has become. All for the parents and whoever is making the money. The kids are supposed to be playing to have fun and LEARN. Not for parents bragging rights, rings, and classfications.

The days of old are gone where you just get a team of good 11 year olds or whatever age and go play.

But again playing at an elite level in college, having a chance to play past college is not for everyone so I guess the parents see it as their little kids chance to shine and excel since alot of them won't play in college or past HS
    More importantly, why does someone open a thread on something they obviously disagree with, and be oblivious to the fact that the participants of that thread don't give a **** what his opinions are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wth does bumps have to do with kids baseball

You have no clue how wrong this statement is, I coach 2- 11u teams.
      All 11u kids are not created equal in baseball skill set

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        More importantly, why does someone open a thread on something they obviously disagree with, and be oblivious to the fact that the participants of that thread don't give a **** what his opinions are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        That guy is nothing but a troll. Watch anytime a protein thread pops up, he will be one of the first 5 people to comment and that comment will add nothing to that convo either.

Comment

Wth does bumps have to do with kids baseball? This is now slowpitch softball.

How sad and ultra competitive this stuff has become. All for the parents and whoever is making the money. The kids are supposed to be playing to have fun and LEARN. Not for parents bragging rights, rings, and classfications.

The days of old are gone where you just get a team of good 11 year olds or whatever age and go play.

But again playing at an elite level in college, having a chance to play past college is not for everyone so I guess the parents see it as their little kids chance to shine and excel since alot of them won't play in college or past HS

Stop by a tournament and watch a Majors team then go watch a AA team. You'll see how wrong that statement is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            Stop by a tournament and watch a Majors team then go watch a AA team. You'll see how wrong that statement is.

Or Majors to Rec.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
              Or Majors to Rec.

very true!

Comment

Well my boy gave his first one up a few tournaments ago and he got his first one Saturday night, time had expired and the game was tied. We are still looking for the crazy man standing next to the camera #bombbomb

We won the championship game by forfeit because the team that won the other semi-final game decided it was too late and they needed to get home for testing today...after we sat through their 1.5 hour game AND 4 rounds of California tie breaker. It got a little heated, mainly from our mom's, who I wouldn't say were happy we were all out that late anyway, and one of the other dad's yelled at us to go back to our trailer park haha

One of our dad's had a gopro on the fence and caught the dinger...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Well my boy gave his first one up a few tournaments ago and he got his first one Saturday night, time had expired and the game was tied. We are still looking for the crazy man standing next to the camera #bombbomb

We won the championship game by forfeit because the team that won the other semi-final game decided it was too late and they needed to get home for testing today...after we sat through their 1.5 hour game AND 4 rounds of California tie breaker. It got a little heated, mainly from our mom's, who I wouldn't say were happy we were all out that late anyway, and one of the other dad's yelled at us to go back to our trailer park haha

https://youtu.be/19lf1YmM2E0
                  Absolute Greatness - congratulations

Comment

nice swing, nice shot, go ahead and block me too but that looked like "rec league pitching" not to take anything away from the batter though he did what he should and then some. congrats

Comment

Originally posted by westguy76 View Post
                      nice swing, nice shot, congrats
                      Fixed that for you ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Fixed that for you ...
                        Thank you sir. Some people...

Comment

Originally posted by westguy76 View Post
                          nice swing, nice shot, go ahead and block me too but that looked like "rec league pitching" not to take anything away from the batter though he did what he should and then some. congrats
                          For goodness sake....is that necessary?

Comment

AWESOME!!!!
                            A night he will remember forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              AWESOME!!!!
                              A night he will remember forever!
                              thank you sir, yes it will be, we were both just giggling randomly in the truck all the way home after that...

Comment

does anyone know the guidelines USSSA uses to bump a team? after a 5-0 weekend we just got bumped to majors, we needed one more good weekend in AAA in my opinion. we are 9-0 against AAA teams and 2-12 against majors teams, we dont have deep enough pitching to play majors right now and we just lost our #3 pitcher last week with a broken finger.

can you appeal it?
                                Last edited by jshouse; 05-08-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X