Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job

Comment

I live in Spicewood, and, during the winter, see them regularly in the evening on a greenfield where 71 runs over Bee Creek....by the granite place. I've seen the rooting evidence up and down the Pedernales.

Comment

Yep Simek, they are travelling up and down Bee Creek and the big drainages that feed it.

They seem to be in large numbers on the Pedernales. I know that Reimers is rooted up badly along the riverbed.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Yep--odds were in my favor but no hogs. Corn under the feeder 50 yds away was gone though. I'll check again tomorrow . . . and Saturday.
          They are sneaky sometimes aren't they? Set your watch by then one day, nowhere to be found the next.

Comment

I liked the broom photo and prescription of the first boar

Comment

Well this boar took 3 weeks to catch. Always circling the pen but too spooky to go in. I guess the 100 pound pile of corn soured in my FIL's Natty Light was more then he could take. Good timing as I am pulling my trap out on the 15th.

I told my wife I was worried the fireworks might throw things off. Caught him at 1045 right after it quit raining, in fact he interrupted my $25 fireworks extravaganza.

Weight was 173 with some pretty decent teeth on him.
              Attached Files

Comment

You are getting it done a little at a time but at least getting it done. Good on ya Trey...

Comment

Thanks Matt. It's only about 99 acres, and that is the last big hog I have caught on any cameras.
                  There is one more 60 lb or so boar with no tail that I have been letting come and go as he pleases. He comes and eats several times a day. I'll keep letting him work as a double agent for a few more days, we might get lucky if he finds a friend out there. If not I'll give him a few days before I pull him out.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by TP3; 07-06-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Working...
                    X