No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bailed, gonna bait my south wind spot for tomorrow and climb back up around 230/3

Comment

New to the forum, hunted Whitney a few times long a ago with a buddy and his dad during HS. I've read up on this thread and year past. Do not just want to lurk around without announcing myself. Been fun learning about the area and will be around some in the next five weeks more frequently. Appreciate all you post in reminding to take care of the resources, being mindful of others and the community you all share. Good luck to all.

Comment

Going to try a hang and hunt in the morning. I haven't corned this new area at all, but the deer and hog seem to have be passing through quite frequently judging by the trails and droppings. There's still some good acorns on the ground too. Good luck to the ones that can make it out!

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
          Going to try a hang and hunt in the morning. I haven't corned this new area at all, but the deer and hog seem to have be passing through quite frequently judging by the trails and droppings. There's still some good acorns on the ground too. Good luck to the ones that can make it out!
          Good luck. I'm doing the same thing this morning. Unfortunately, I got to the tree and realized i had left my linemans belt and harness in the **** truck. By the time I made it back and got hung it was legal light. Haven't seen anything yet.

Comment

On another note, I've found two buck skulls from last year. Both are full racks. If anyone lost one and wants the rack pm me with unit you lost deer and we'll see if they match up. I'll be glad to get them to respective hunters.

Comment

It was a slow morning. Saw some does, but they wouldn’t come in to corn. Debating on coming back out this evening.

Comment

Well I decided I’m going to head back out and face the winds. Good luck to all that are out!

Comment

I'll be there. Heading in now

Comment

Bumped into two walking in, a doe and an un-id'd. Had a small buck cruise thru after I got on stand. They seem to be on their feet. More than I saw all day yesterday and this morning.

Comment

Good luck buddy! For some odd reason all the corn was gone from this morning. Maybe hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                        Bumped into two walking in, a doe and an un-id'd. Had a small buck cruise thru after I got on stand. They seem to be on their feet. More than I saw all day yesterday and this morning.
                        Get ya one tonight.

Comment

Has anyone taken a racked buck yet? This is my first season down here without even having a shot opportunity at a decent legal buck and only seen one twice, both times from 60+ yards and downwind. I've tried everything, moving stand locations, scents and calls, mock scrapes, hunting close to food, hunting close to beds, coming and going from different directions, you name it. I've got the bucks on cam in daylight, but can't seal the deal. Does are a dime a dozen, but the bucks just ain't showing up. Anyone else having a tough time this year?

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                            Has anyone taken a racked buck yet? This is my first season down here without even having a shot opportunity at a decent legal buck and only seen one twice, both times from 60+ yards and downwind. I've tried everything, moving stand locations, scents and calls, mock scrapes, hunting close to food, hunting close to beds, coming and going from different directions, you name it. I've got the bucks on cam in daylight, but can't seal the deal. Does are a dime a dozen, but the bucks just ain't showing up. Anyone else having a tough time this year?
                            I don't think no ones posted 1 up yet. They are some smart animals that are hard to hunt , put you time in and you will connect in do time.

Comment

whitney has been invaded . hunters everywhere you look.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                                I don't think no ones posted 1 up yet. They are some smart animals that are hard to hunt , put you time in and you will connect in do time.
                                Yea, I know they are tough to hunt, but they seem to be doing a better job than last year at staying out of sight. Or I'm doing a worse job at staying undetected.

Comment

Working...
                                X