• Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

Comment

Watch out for Snakes going to it

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        I need to make a permanent (really semi permanent) blind to put on my mom's land where it will overlook a guzzler and maybe a bump feeder. Seeing as how I'm lacking funds I've decided to take advantage of some inexpensive and easily accessible building materials: Pallets! I plan on manipulating them slightly and then connecting each pallet (wall) together in the shape of a pentagon. I plan to connect the back pallet using a hinge so that it can function as a door and may or may not cannibalize a couple pallets to create a makeshift roof. Below is a drawing of my design idea:

(Of course this is assuming I did the photobucket thing right)

My questions are:
        1) How well does that "camoflage" spray paint work from the hardware store work?
        2) Should the inside be painted too?
        3) And if so, is it better to spray it camo or black? (this one's a tough one since there will be a substantial amount of light coming through the walls.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Pablo
        donpablo,
        Great blind idea. I'm a very low budget hunter. This is a great idea. How did you connect the pallets and what did you use to hold them together?

Comment

nice work!!!

Comment

pit blind is derived from the term "snake pit"

Comment

WOW, a blast from the past. The op was over 3 years ago.

Comment

Insted of wrapping it in burlap, brush it it using the slats. Maybe get some black weed control stuff and tack it up on inside to black it out.

Comment

Thingies?

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                  donpablo,
                  Great blind idea. I'm a very low budget hunter. This is a great idea. How did you connect the pallets and what did you use to hold them together?
                  I used those metal bracket thingies. You know the metal rectangles with the holes for your screws. I also used some L brackets. Hoping to go fill the pig pipe out there this weekend. Hopefully it's still standing. I don't get out there enough.

Pablo

Comment

Working...
                  X