Wrecked Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrecked Truck

Long story short had a lady not yield and I ran into her. She was at fault and her insurance is covering it. I have gotten one estimate so far which was a fairly quick one. I’m concerned that I bent the frame and may have incurred more damages then noted (positive I have some damage to my front right tire rod and and pitman/idler arm). Truck is 04 Z71 crew cab with 240*** that I have had since new. I don’t necessarily want them to total it but I want to make sure everything is taken care of. I have never had to mess with something like this so I came to the green screen to see how some of y’all approached this. Multiple estimates, looking at things yourself or what? Thanks in advance.

All I can say is get it looked at by several people. I once had a 1997 z71 that got hit in the front and they said 8000 in damage and it will be like new. Well they dug into it more and ended up being a bend frame and the 4x4 messed up. I had to fight with the insurance company to get them to fork out more money to fix it right. It was never the same and sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if they tell you its totaled and offer you there average market value ( witch will be hardly nothing ) and it will make you mad . by law you can do your own average market value survey . search the net , autotrader and every used car dealer that has a truck that is compatable to yours find ten of them print the ads so that you can forward them to the insurance company add the ten prices togather and devide by ten to get the average price . send it to them and they have to honor your survey or locate a truck that is avalible for what they want to pay you. (and they cant ever find one ). I`ve went threw this 4 times and came out very good. hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
        All I can say is get it looked at by several people. I once had a 1997 z71 that got hit in the front and they said 8000 in damage and it will be like new. Well they dug into it more and ended up being a bend frame and the 4x4 messed up. I had to fight with the insurance company to get them to fork out more money to fix it right. It was never the same and sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This is my concern. The first estimate the guy barely looked under the truck and had me a figure in probably 15 minuets. I’m going to get some other estimates and see where it goes. Still waiting to hear from the adjuster so we will see how that goes. I just want to make sure that everything gets taken care of and the initial estimate left me thinking that may not happen.

Comment

Get several estimates from reputable places and then get ready to get screwed and have your insurance rates go up.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Get several estimates from reputable places and then get ready to get screwed and have your insurance rates go up.
            This will go on the ladies insurance as she was at fault. I agree though that this probably won’t work out the way I want it to.

Comment

I had a lady hit me a few years ago on the front left same kind of deal. Front wheel was half way up her car, took it to there insurance office got the estimate they said 2200. Turned around went to a auto body shop. Told them what was going on, as luck would have it one of her insurance adjusters was there. Told them to tear it down and write up a second claim after they pulled it all apart. I paid them 200 bucks to do it. They sent it in total came to 5500 told them to send me the check. Went and picked the truck up told them to throw the parts in the bed and put it on Craigslist sold it for 2500 4 hours later. Went and put it down on a newer truck the next afternoon.

Comment

Hate to tell ya but an 04 with 240k miles it doesn’t take much to total it. If the preliminary estimate is 50% of the value they will total it.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                  This will go on the ladies insurance as she was at fault. I agree though that this probably won’t work out the way I want it to.
                  Where are you? I sell to all the states and know some great shops........

Comment

It isn’t going to take much to total a 14 year old truck with 240k miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      It isn’t going to take much to total a 14 year old truck with 240k miles on it
                      This is what I thought as well but from talking to my insurance guy and first shop I went to said it would need to be +70% of book and/or market value which from both of them was 7500+. Was much higher then I thought it was worth. First preliminary estimate was roughly 3500, and I know this will go up as I can physically see some issues that were missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Where are you? I sell to all the states and know some great shops........
                        Located in the Paris TX area.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                          Located in the Paris TX area.
                          Super cool. Have a friend at Mike's Custom been calling for over 5 years. Mention Johnny the pigtail guy and you are golden.................

Mike Jr.
                          903-785-8861

Comment

Yes sir planning on going there tomorrow morning and a couple of other spots. Appreciate the help.

Comment

I was rear ended in a three-year-old company truck. Ram half ton with 90k miles. Buckled the bed a little and crunched the bumper and tailgate. I drove it an hour home just fine. They totaled it. Doesn’t take much if the vehicle is more than a few years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X