Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    Anybody looking at this event?

GORUCK builds the best, toughest rucking gear to equip the rucking revolution — we force multiply through training, Events, and GORUCK Clubs that empower real world communities in service to something greater than themselves.

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.
    Yea, I am. There’s a few of us kicking this around. I have to say I’m tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      Yea, I am. There’s a few of us kicking this around. I have to say I’m tempted.
      I'm signed up, but don't have a team yet, and don't know many people in the GR community.

If y'all decide to do it, and could use a strong set of legs, let me know.

Comment

Well, I'm just starting don't gimme a hard time. 1st time wearing the pack, 15.8 pounds one mile. Looking to do this for a week the. Bump it up a mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had to take a break this week to help detemine if I have a hernia... Did 9.5 miles the first week with a 30# pack. If the rain holds off next week I should be able to get in at least 12 miles.

Comment

18 miles in the books this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0E334E3-D023-4421-9EB3-9D529F935DA1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24530840

Name:	0B0C13D7-CC09-45CC-B175-F31510A272D8.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	24530841

Comment

6.13 in between the rain drops this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                Well, I'm just starting don't gimme a hard time. 1st time wearing the pack, 15.8 pounds one mile. Looking to do this for a week the. Bump it up a mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Aint nobody on here gonna give you a hard time. You gotta start somewhere.
                6.13 in between the rain drops this morning.
                2 more days till Jailbreak. Haven't received much info about the team thing. Going to lighten my freighter pack down to exactly 50# so I can ruck more weight if needed. This rush 12 isnt gonna let me get to 50 with room to spare.

Was targeting to hit 500 by end of month, but didnt ruck much last weekend, opted to chase critters with a bow instead.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread. I need something to make my walking into better exercise. I am going to start with a 20 lbs this weekend with my hunting pack. It is an ALPS Outdoors Pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    2 more days till Jailbreak. Haven't received much info about the team thing. Going to lighten my freighter pack down to exactly 50# so I can ruck more weight if needed. This rush 12 isnt gonna let me get to 50 with room to spare.
                    I did 16 miles weekend before last with my Jailbreak load to see how it felt. Went well, but when I weighed the ruck after I got home the combination of 30# steel plate, 20# (more like 23) sandbag, 3L water bladder and the ruck itself clocked in at 65#. If they're serious about having water stations every 2 miles, I may ditch the bladder.

Comment

I did 16 miles weekend before last with my Jailbreak load to see how it felt. Went well, but when I weighed the ruck after I got home the combination of 30# steel plate, 20# (more like 23) sandbag, 3L water bladder and the ruck itself clocked in at 65#. If they're serious about having water stations every 2 miles, I may ditch the bladder.
                      I am ditching water. In weather like this, I can go 4mi between drinks. Per 2 miles is a luxury.

My ruck will be a duffel strapped to a freighter pack anyways. If it were not a suppprted ruck event, I would have to plan differently.

I wish the target weight was 40... I'd be set... but they said 50... so I am going 50

Comment

The Major and I will see y’all out on the Jail Break course.

Name:	597B60BC-667C-4A7A-9F21-3C6C05925E6A.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	24531155

Comment

I have stayed with the 15 pounds walking 2-3 miles a day. I wanna get up to the consistent 5 mile walk average then will add some weight.
                          My wife wants me to get her a backpack now, she enjoys it also.

Having a 3 yr old and a 8 month makes it challenging to get in more than 2-3 miles a day. After that long with momma pushing them in the stroller they are ready to get out. !!

Comment

Right at 4 hours for the 13.1 miles and the ruck weighed in at 64#. Was even able to grab a shower before we take off for San Antonio. Swamp Rabbit was ahead of me but I didn’t get a chance to see him at the finish.

Name:	A9B14269-A5C3-467D-A23C-73B1353BCE95.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24531181

Comment

Swamp Rabbit was ahead of me but I didn’t get a chance to see him at the finish.
                              I was right at 3:45 for the course. I quickly dropped my 55# ruck, grabbed my 35# ruck, a chick-fil-a sandwich and a protien shake and reversed the course by about 1.5 miles. I saw you coming down the final 100yds but not sure if you recognized me. I finished for a second time at 4:40 with the final 2 fellas, one of whom turned out to be the brother-in-law of the officer whom the ruck was dedicated to. Total was 16 miles.

Glad I was finally able to shake hands with the rucking and hoolahoop posting, TBH legend

Comment

That guy you finished with was Barry Eaves. Hes a McKinney PD SWAT sniper thats 50 years old and has had 7 knee surgeries. Hes my brother in law.

Hes married to my 2nd oldest sister and Vince was married to my 3rd oldest sister.

I appreciate you guys coming out.

1369, I spent most of the day trying to read that label on your bag. I was near you most of the route.

Comment

Working...
                                X