Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
    lol. This.
    You should read the gems he has posted in the football thread the last couple of days.
    Nope I'm still here.....and just to say I told you so. One of the largest operators in the EF laid down one of our rigs.....dang!! And the they wrote us a $9m check for the out in the contract.....and oh wait, the best part.....I still get my commission !!!

Comment

Omg!! Jmalin is back!! Crap!!

Edit. Both are back!! Crap crap!! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        It had everything to do with it....That's the point. Oil prices are not driven by American spending or monetary policy, however American spending and monetary policy are affected by oil prices. In this state, more than the oil industry and consumer spending at the pump is affected by oil prices.

I buy about 50,000 gallons of diesel every month. While I'd love to pay less for it, I don't want to pay $2/gal for diesel for only 5,000 gallons due to the fact that there is no development on which to burn 50,000 gal of diesel. My guys saving money on gas doesn't really help them if they don't need gas to drive to work, because they don't have a job.
        There will more to develop when it is economically sensible to build new over buying existing property. Do we really need another strip center in the burbs?

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post

The high school football stadiums in Katy and Cy-Fair school districts will go away, just for example. There won't be the tax revenue to support them.
          What is wrong with that???

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            Nope I'm still here.....and just to say I told you so. One of the largest operators in the EF laid down one of our rigs.....dang!! And the they wrote us a $9m check for the out in the contract.....and oh wait, the best part.....I still get my commission !!!

You mean that ironclad contract was bought out? Thought that rig would be working for years and there was nothing the operators could do about it. I'm sure the hands on that rig are happy for you and your commission

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
              What is wrong with that???

Nothing as far as I'm concerned. The stadiums are ridiculous in my eyes. Just pointing out a ripple effect.

Comment

Thought they would keep drilling with no way out

Everyone knows you can buy out of them. Yes you get your commission but many others will be laid off just like we said.

Comment

Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Thought they would keep drilling with no way out

Everyone knows you can buy out of them. Yes you get your commission but many others will be laid off just like we said.
                    No....and apparently a lot of people can't read. I said it would not hurt us that bad because WE have contracts on these rigs. What a couple of the TBH braintrust did was, NOT read and comprehend what I wrote and "assumed" what I wrote. I never once said that anyone would be FORCED to keep drilling, what I said was they are locked into a LT contract on these rigs and they either keep them running or PAY US THE OUT.

Comment

No....and apparently a lot of people can't read. I said it would not hurt us that bad because WE have contracts on these rigs. What a couple of the TBH braintrust did was, NOT read and comprehend what I wrote and "assumed" what I wrote. I never once said that anyone would be FORCED to keep drilling, what I said was they are locked into a LT contract on these rigs and they either keep them running or PAY US THE OUT.
                      Actually in response to me saying the contracts would be gone and rigs would be stacked you let us know those are ironclad deals that are going nowhere. Sorry but if they buy their way out that deal is now gone. Now it hasn't got bad but companies paying their way out of contracts will not keep people working. Yes YOU get a commission and I'm not worried about myself getting paid either but I didn't start this thread over me and you and the select few like us. This was a heads up for the newer guys and lower guys on the totum pole who will be laid off first when those contracts are gone.

Comment

I understand that, and I wasn't trying to be objective....but theres a HUGE difference between then and now....technology, technolgy, technolgy. We have a very good understanding on where it is and have it down to a science on how to get it....and that only improves daily. We have rigs "SIGNED" on guaranteed contracts and new builds scheduled out for many many years. Speculation will never let the crash happen again....when it does turn it will be a slowing down and not a hault.

That was then.....
                        Rig Contracts dont go out the window!! Those are iron clad guaranteed deals.....at $24-$28K per day for 24-48 months
                        Rig and Directional sales for a "BIG 3"....we have 474 rigs currently drilling in the US and Canada....could have another 100 if we had them. The demand is SO HIGH right now, these contracts are 100% unilateral in our favor. Operators will sell their soul to the devil for them.....can't drill without a rig, no rig no money....When every 100 feet of lateral is worth $1M in production and average laterals are 3,500-5,500'...you do the math. We've settled several broken contract disputes and was awarded 100%, plus attorneys fee and any damages incurred....
                        I think this is what you might have said. Iron Clad guaranteed 24-48 months.

Comment

I don't understand the debate here. Is anyone dumb enough to not understand that if oil tanks more lots of people will be affected? Ask any realtor who sells ranches if they're already feeling the lower cost of oil. It will cost everyone more than what they save at the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I don't understand the debate here. Is anyone dumb enough to not understand that if oil tanks more lots of people will be affected? Ask any realtor who sells ranches if they're already feeling the lower cost of oil. It will cost everyone more than what they save at the pump.
                            To answer your question in short form, yes there are multiple people that don't understand that.

Comment

Falling prices are exactly what we need in order to fuel real economic growth.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                It won't affect me at all. But I do know lots of people will be affected.

Comment

Working...
                                X