Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical Bolt Guns, Which one for 1500 or less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 5R Milspec 308

This is considered by many to be the TOP factory bolt rifle on the market.

Comment

This has turned into a GREAT Thread

Comment

Remington 700 5-R milspeck 308 is the best shooting gun I have ever owened. There is one for sale on the classified adds right now.
        Last edited by ace44; 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM. Reason: misspleling

Comment

Comment

I hope this turns out good for you- would love to come see how it does once you get a load going down it good. The quiet virus is worse than the black gun flu.

Comment

Anyone shot an Armalite AR30?

Comment

For 1500 bucks:
                Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308 600.00
                Vortex Viper Scope 500.00
                Badger Base and Rings 300.00
                Upgrade the stock when you get some more money.
                Here are my bolt guns.
                300 Win Mag

Comment

I'm not sure this qualifies as "tactical" and a can will do you absolutely no good but if we're looking at sexy rifles...

98 Bravo in 338 Lapua

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barrett-98B-28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	23906693

Comment

OKAY,

I've decided.

I'm going with a REM 700 platform on a AICS stock system. Similar to what NTEX just posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                      OKAY,

I've decided.

I'm going with a REM 700 platform on a AICS stock system. Similar to what NTEX just posted.

sounds great to me as that setup should be close to $1500

the 1.5 LA AICS stocks sell for $800 , and the rifle for $500-600 + depending on options

can't wait to see pics

Comment

mesquitecountry where do you live? Tac Pro in Mingus, Texas is a distributor and you can see them in person. Send me a PM and I can give you some info!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          sounds great to me as that setup should be close to $1500

the 1.5 LA AICS stocks sell for $800 , and the rifle for $500-600 + depending on options

can't wait to see pics
                          That's what I'm thinking as well. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put my FAL up for sale to start this project. Just now to find a buyer wanting to spend 1300 on a battle rifle!

NTEX,

Are they just AICS dealers or do they build REM's on AICS stocks?

My email address is mesquitecountryoutdoors at yahoo.com Remove the at for @

I'm pretty far from Mingus. I do miss me some Mingus though. I'm well overdue on a Stephenville trip.

Comment

Travis

the AICS is a drop in ready system , as no bedding necessary ... very nice stock yet it feels different

i suggest you shoot and feel it one BEFORE you buy

if you're gonna drop $800 + on the stock, I suggest you "feel" and shoulder a Manners & McMillan stock to see how they feel to you

check out this link http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1451413

Comment

Cajun Blake hit it on his post!!!
                              The AICS is a plug in play chassis system and Tac Pro I believe only deals in Accuracy International rifles. I put a suppressed .223 in my AICS because every time I get a check weld my ear muff comes up, need higher rings. It feels allot different than other stocks. Check out Blake's link and do some research. I recommend Randy at Mile High Shooting for the AICS!! Try to hold one before you buy one. The pistol grip is different than a standard stock.

Comment

Blake,

I do have to say that I agree with that guys comment about the grip. I much prefer a pistol grip style hold over a traditional grip. Now trying to find an AICS to hold????

Comment

Working...
                                X